Mid-range enclosure Difference (703 vs 800/801)?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jordi
    • Dec 2004

Mid-range enclosure Difference (703 vs 800/801)?

This is my first post, so I apologize in advance if this is a trivial question. I was wondering what the difference between the midrange enclosed in the 801/802 models and the mid in the 703 model. I guess I'm asking what difference in sound quality is achieved in the two different enclosures. :roll:
  • greggz
    • Jun 2002

Check out this post...

Updated as of Friday 7 January 2005, This header entry for the thread will be maintained as a summary of what is known about the new B&W 800 Nautilus series. I’ll update periodically with the new / changed information (in BLUE). We'll keep it a Sticky while there is lots of interest and then drop it back to a normal

There is a link a white paper talking about all of the technology used in the new B&W 800 speakers. Look for the section that talks about "Marlan" (the material used to make the 800/801/801 enclosure and then look in Appendix V which talks about the reasoning behind the shape.

Actually, if you have enough time, the entire white paper is an interesting read, albeit way over my head in more than one spot.
    Gregg

Our Home Theater

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"