• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • style
    Super Senior Member
    • Feb 2006

803D & Htm2D are coming

Hallo,
    I have upgrade my system from 803s and Htm4s (805s rear) with the 803Dd and Htm2d.

I have all attaced on my Rotel RB1092 front, Rb1091 center (another Rb1092 for rear with 805s)...wow very amazing sound! The Rotel make your job 100%

wth surpris the new speakers sing (not playing)
    the difference between S and D is truly remarkable. I do not think that the difference was so marked. :T

Amplifiers Rotel go very well. I am not planning to get such good results from Rotel and having to change the amplifier with others.
    Next step replace the pre / pro Rotel Rsp 1068 with a pre / pro that allow me to exploit "new ddplus encodings, aet master, ...
    (I use my systema currently 80% for movies), but now with the results that I get I doubt buying a pre only for the channels 2 and 1 for home cinema.

--> 2 "modest" equipment or go on a pre / pro high-level like Classè SSP800?

Thanks' Omar
  • ShadowZA
    Super Senior Member
    • Jan 2006

Congratulations on your upgrade, Omar. :T :T :T

As you probably know already, this hobby has a beginning but does not have an end. To put it another way ... you can check out but you can never leave ... why don't you take a slow boat to Hotel Cali-Classe' :twisted: and check out the SSP800? ... and a few other superb quality electronics brands too?

Your new diamonds will certainly be able to perform better if you feed them better quality electronics imho.

The SSP-800 looks set to be awesome. Keep tabs on RebelMan's info on the SSP-800 here: http://www.htguide.com/forum/showthread.php4?t=28891

Bear in mind too, that the 803D is rated down to 3 ohms & should perform at its best if fed a large quantity of current.

Good luck & most of all enjoy.

Comment

• William
      • Aug 2006

Originally posted by style
      Hallo,
      I have upgrade my system from 803s and Htm4s (805s rear) with the 803Dd and Htm2d...
      I resemble that remark. However I had 804's and keep them for the rears.

Comment

• Briz vegas
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2005

Watch out that you don't sit on your glasses !!!!!!!
        Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
        Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

• wettou
          Ultra Senior Member
          • May 2006

Cool set up, all black room how did you pull this off!

I could never dream of an all black room, the contratst ratio must be outstanding,

You should have used black seats, also a bit of acoustical treatment would not hurt!
          Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• style
            Super Senior Member
            • Feb 2006

@ ShadowZA, thanks for congratulations

"..this hobby has a beginning but does not have an end.." that sooo right!!!!!

The old 803s and htm4s ware in black but now I have buyed in Rosnut.
            My eletronict is in black :T and now with the new color speakers see really nice.
            I go make pictures...

I don't have a dedicat room (no projector--> plasma Pioneer FullHD) and I have see a possible new rack in Wood red like the sofa (available in withe, black, red and cherry)

I dream electronic classè, no mix, all of a mark/brand
            Personally, I find Classè without competitors. (not for design but for the study and design behind..)
            MC design I like much but I have a player 861 for a test and is only a Denon
            player... sure the MC252/402/501 is another planet.

Omar

Comment

• DL86
              • Sep 2005

mmmm looks like you could do with a logitech harmony one remote lol. It does absolutly everything and is a joy to use, the touch screen especially.

Comment

• William
                • Aug 2006

Originally posted by wettou
                Cool set up, all black room how did you pull this off!

I could never dream of an all black room, the contratst ratio must be outstanding,

You should have used black seats, also a bit of acoustical treatment would not hurt!
                I built a complete room in a room (live in a Townhouse) to cover all windows and openings. It is a light sponge and even with 4-100 watt lights on it is still very dark. I already had the seats and they actually add a little contrast to the all black color. I have added acoustical foam panels (after pictures were taken).

Also don't want to hijack thread so if interested I may start a thread with construction pictures.

Originally posted by DL86
                mmmm looks like you could do with a logitech harmony one remote lol. It does absolutly everything and is a joy to use, the touch screen especially.
                I have tried literally dozens of universal remotes in the last 15 to 20 years including a Harmony (780 maybe). The one I like the best (at the time) was the original Pronto. However I prefer the remote supplied with each component. No universal does all features with the same feel and logic as the OEM does. Also the Harmony would not cut my projector (DLA HD10K) on and off (or just on I think) because it required a certain timing string that could not be reproduced (and I tried everything).

Comment

• DL86
                  • Sep 2005

Is that a fact. The touch screen you can program to do whatever layout you want plus the standard buttons for each device this control can do anything and more than your original remote can and can be programmed how you want it. I found it a breeze to get used to and access each device independantly of each activity and be able to access the most unique function of any remote i own.

You can set delays for on and off for each single device and button-button delays. What kind of timing sequence are you refering to? I just tried adding the JVC DLA HD10K to my devices list in the harmony software and it came up with the following delays for that device Power On delay: 1500ms, Interkey-delay 500ms input delay 1000ms and interdevice delay 500ms aswell as your standard key layouts for that device. These delays can be adjusted ofcourse.

Comment

• William
                    • Aug 2006

Originally posted by DL86
                    Is that a fact....

You can set delays for on and off for each single device and button-button delays. What kind of timing sequence are you refering to? I just tried adding the JVC DLA HD10K to my devices list in the harmony software and it came up with the following delays for that device Power On delay: 1500ms, Interkey-delay 500ms input delay 1000ms and interdevice delay 500ms aswell as your standard key layouts for that device. These delays can be adjusted ofcourse.
                    Actualy it's my subjective opinion (and that's all that counts to me).

I added it also but it would not work. I got and used advice off the Logitech Harmony forums and despite repeated attempts and advice from many Harmony "experts" over several weeks no one could come up with a workable solution.

EDIT: Found the thread I stared asking (also asked in other threads).

Comment

• Maverick71
                      • Nov 2006

Great setup, William! :T . What are the room's dimensions?

Mav

Comment

• style
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Feb 2006

Hi,

Logitech Harmony make very nice / beautiful.

Certainly there is also another market.
                        I have a remote control for pre, DVD, HD, bluray, plasma ...
                        What do you use?
                        (In any case I also prefer to use the remote control of any source)
                        Although there are many points against vs. a single remote control

Your more hit in remote in all in one ??

Omar

Comment

• garak
                          • Jul 2007

Hallo,
                          I have upgrade my system from 803s and Htm4s (805s rear) with the 803Dd and Htm2d.

I have all attaced on my Rotel RB1092 front, Rb1091 center (another Rb1092 for rear with 805s)...wow very amazing sound! The Rotel make your job 100%

wth surpris the new speakers sing (not playing)
                          the difference between S and D is truly remarkable. I do not think that the difference was so marked. :T

Amplifiers Rotel go very well. I am not planning to get such good results from Rotel and having to change the amplifier with others.
                          Next step replace the pre / pro Rotel Rsp 1068 with a pre / pro that allow me to exploit "new ddplus encodings, aet master, ...
                          (I use my systema currently 80% for movies), but now with the results that I get I doubt buying a pre only for the channels 2 and 1 for home cinema.

--> 2 "modest" equipment or go on a pre / pro high-level like Classè SSP800?

Thanks' Omar
                          Congrats Omar!

I just did the same exact upgrade - added 803D, HTM2D. I moved my 804S from fronts to surround.

I tried a 7.1 setup with my 805S as the center backs, but found that it isn't worth it, so I'll just stick to a 5.1 for the time being.

My dealer says he's been selling a lot of 803D + HTM2D combos, so I guess it's a popular upgrade.

Comment

• RebelMan
                            Ultra Senior Member
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by garak
                            My dealer says he's been selling a lot of 803D + HTM2D combos, so I guess it's a popular upgrade.
                            Congrats to the both of you! :T

The 803D and HTM2D combo is the price/performance sweet spot for people interested in a proportional amount of A/V play time. I very nearly went in that direction myself because the group strikes the perfect balance for listening to music and watching movies.
                            "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• style
                              Super Senior Member
                              • Feb 2006

I find the 803d fantastic. My dealer I had proposed the 802d but for reasons of space I went for the 803d ... and I am very happy. :T

@garak: I see that yuo have the denon and sony too. (personaly 3930 and s500)

You drive all with the Rmb1077? I have a Rb1092 for front, Rb1091 center and another Rb1092 for rear: with the 803D they sound are amazing.

What do you think from a all-in-one remote?

Omar

Comment

• garak
                                • Jul 2007

I find the 803d fantastic. My dealer I had proposed the 802d but for reasons of space I went for the 803d ... and I am very happy. :T

@garak: I see that yuo have the denon and sony too. (personaly 3930 and s500)

You drive all with the Rmb1077? I have a Rb1092 for front, Rb1091 center and another Rb1092 for rear: with the 803D they sound are amazing.

What do you think from a all-in-one remote?

Omar
                                Hi Omar,

It seems as though we have fairly similar setups and similar tastes. :T

I noticed under your "next" section you have:
                                Denon 3800 bluray, Classè

I've had similar thoughts. Let me know when you get those upgrades, maybe I'll join you. I'm waiting for the 2nd generation Denon blu ray player, though, as it's supposed to support SACD/DVD-A.

As far as running everything through the 1077, one of the reasons I switched back to a 5.1 setup is so that I could bi-amp the 803D, using 4 channels from the 1077. I've found that bi-amping drives the 803D much better, and sounds better as well.

However, I am curious how the 803D would sound if I added additional/more powerful amps, such as in your setup.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎
                                Searching...Please wait.
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                Search Result for "|||"