X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kobestonecold
    • Sep 2007

Pure silver speaker cable 99.999% for B&W 805s

I will stick with Cable rules.

B&W 805s should be okay with Pure silver speaker cable 99.999% and Interconnects Pure silver 99.999%?

• cug
    • Jan 2008

Every cable you like is "okay". I bought copper CAT cables for the extremely good build quality and the good service and also to support the forum.

Comment

• Race Car Driver
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2005

I prefer platinum myself.
      B&W

Comment

• kobestonecold
        • Sep 2007

Do they have platinum?

Comment

• imbeaujp
          • Nov 2007

Do you have the B&W "diamond" tweeter and 24k gold banana plug also ?

Jean-Pierre Imbeau

ROTEL: RSP-1098|RT-1080|RCD-1072|RDV-1060|RLC-1040|RB-1080x2|RMB-1075
          PIONEER: ELITE PRO-940HD|BDP-HD1|inno
          YAMAHA: NS-1000|NS-1000M|CA-1010|CT-1000|TC-1000|YP-1000
          PEARLESS: XXLS-12x4|BEHRINGER DSP-1124

Comment

• kobestonecold
            • Sep 2007

HI, CAT Cables

Why don't you make pure silver speaker cable? Why only copper?

Comment

• Briz vegas
              Super Senior Member
              • Mar 2005

I'm currently trialing cuprate-perovskite ceramic cables cooled to a modest 90 degrees kelvin (thats around minus 180 celsius). Awesome clarity man and bass that would shame a Velo 1812! ;x(

ok ok , I made that up! I do wonder what would happen if you could use superconductive material in a hi-fi (imagine the temperature differential if you were using a Class A amp attached to super cooled wires). :E

Thats my nerdy thought for the day. :T

............ and if CAT cables can perfect the technology I suggest that they call the new cables Snow Leopards.
              Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
              Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
                Super Senior Member
                • Oct 2003

Hey,

Doug (AKA Lex of Catcables) makes several models of very fine pure silver speaker cables by special order... Just ask him...

Geoff

Comment

• kobestonecold
                  • Sep 2007

Is $1852.04 USD worth of 1 pure silver interconnect, 1 pure silver xlr and 3 meters pair bi-wire pure silver speaker cables too much?

I have Rotel RCD-1072 , RB-1080, and RC-1090 to drive B&W 805s.

What do you think? Should i stick with my current silver plate cable or change them all to pure silver? Will it make any improvement?

Thanks

Comment

• cug
                    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by kobestonecold
                    Is $1852.04 USD worth of 1 pure silver interconnect, 1 pure silver xlr and 3 meters pair bi-wire pure silver speaker cables too much?

I have Rotel RCD-1072 , RB-1080, and RC-1090 to drive B&W 805s.

What do you think? Should i stick with my current silver plate cable or change them all to pure silver? Will it make any improvement?

Thanks
                    Whether cables make a difference is a topic of long discussions everywhere in the world. We should keep this off this forum.

If I had this money, I'd trade in the 805S and get a set of 804S - this would make a way bigger difference than ANY set of cables (if they make a difference at all). I'd never invest that much money in cables.

Comment

• rodH
                      • Aug 2002

Is this some kind of joke?

If you want to make an upgrade, get rid of the Rotel and keep your cables, maybe go for some 804D.

btw, I have heard that too high of Silver content in cables for B&W's make them sound too bright. Never heard for myself though.

Comment

• DL86
                        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by cug
                        Whether cables make a difference is a topic of long discussions everywhere in the world. We should keep this off this forum.

If I had this money, I'd trade in the 805S and get a set of 804S - this would make a way bigger difference than ANY set of cables (if they make a difference at all). I'd never invest that much money in cables.
                        So true.

Any upgrade in equipment will always give you more improvement than "Upgrading" your cables. Found this to be true on every occasion in my experience. Maby cables rubbed with special oil on a full moon will do something? lol

Comment

• DeepEndX
                          • Feb 2005

My 2 cents:

1) Silver cables will be too bright for your system.
                          2) If you are going to spend approximate $1800 USD on cables, you might as well upgrade your speakers.

RH

Comment

• kobestonecold
                            • Sep 2007

ok, i will keep my current cable. i thought that nice silver cable sound better than silverplate cable

Comment

• Lex
                              Moderator Emeritus
                              • Apr 2001

Deep end X has his opinion about speaker cables only, but does use Kingcats and loves them I believe, so there is a happy medium to choosing silver, most of my customers do that, choose silver interconnects, and excellent copper Kingcat speaker cables. Never had a pair returned, period.

This thread is locked
                              Doug
                              "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
                              Searching...Please wait.
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                              Search Result for "|||"