• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wettou
    Ultra Senior Member
    • May 2006

800D with Nemo Electrocompaniet & Classé CAM-400

Originally posted by beden1
    The difference in audible sounds at this high-end level are by small degrees. In order to achieve listening nirvana, there are so many factors that come into play like source materials, upstream components and connections, room configurations, etc., etc. Also, unless someone had a very talented and experienced sound architect design to build a dedicated theater in your house, then only could many of these subtle differences in components be truly appreciated. While reading his review, I was mostly salivating over the 800Ds!
    Yes I could not agree more after a certain level, if you don't have a room that has been designed and build to the specification of an accoustic engineer to sound best. It is extremely difficult to hear differences.

The room accounts for over 50% of the sound, unless you are listening very close like with headset then the room doesn't exist. :T

Try these out and compare when you unplug the head set.

http://www.usa.denon.com/productdetails/3456.asp

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langI d=-1&productId=11038053
    Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• style
      Super Senior Member
      • Feb 2006

Hi,

If I think at Electrocompaniet power ampli I have only a paars words:

very good & nice gear...super sound, great, good construction... and not only the NEMO also the AW250R and 180monoblock they are not only optimal.

a single problem:
      on 100 sold powerampli
      90 work super, 10 have problems….

this does not happen with MC or Class (dealer experience)

Omar

Comment

• wettou
        Ultra Senior Member
        • May 2006

Originally posted by style
        Hi, If I think at Electrocompaniet power ampli a single problem: on 100 sold powerampli 90 work super, 10 have problems….

this does not happen with MC or Class (dealer experience) Omar
        Are you a dealer? Where did you hear that?
        Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• dknightd
          • Mar 2006

I'd love to listen to such high end gear. But if I liked it I'd have to sell my house to be able to afford it. Hmm then I wouldn't have to worry about room effects. Might not be so pleasant if it rain or snowed though. Darn, guess I better stick to what I can afford.

Comment

• wettou
            Ultra Senior Member
            • May 2006

Originally posted by dknightd
            I'd love to listen to such high end gear. But if I liked it I'd have to sell my house to be able to afford it. Hmm then I wouldn't have to worry about room effects. Might not be so pleasant if it rain or snowed though. Darn, guess I better stick to what I can afford.
            I hear you, it's only money and we only live once :B

Comment

• beden1
              Super Senior Member
              • Oct 2006

Originally posted by wettou
              I hear you, it's only money and we only live once :B
              Unfortunately however, man does not live through sound alone, and money needs to be spread in many directions.

Comment

• Guy
                • Jan 2006

Guy, How do you like them! How long have you had them for?

check this out

http://www.dagogo.com/EdMomkusOnNemo-Nautilus800D.html
                They make sweet music partnered with the 802Ds. I tried the MAC MC501s and Musical Fidelity KW 500 but the Electrocompaniet sounded best to me.

I purchsed them new about five months ago and have no desire to part with them for anything else.

Comment

• Guy
                  • Jan 2006

Hi,

If I think at Electrocompaniet power ampli I have only a paars words:

very good & nice gear...super sound, great, good construction... and not only the NEMO also the AW250R and 180monoblock they are not only optimal.

a single problem:
                  on 100 sold powerampli
                  90 work super, 10 have problems….

this does not happen with MC or Class (dealer experience)

Omar
                  Well for your info the first two MC501s I tried had problems. Had to return them for replacements.

No problems with the Electrocompaniet so far.

Comment

• style
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Feb 2006

Hy man,

I not a Dealer but I work WITH A DEALER.

in 5 years my friend have much more problems with electrocompaniets and not with MC or classè.

If do you buy a car is the same: a Ferryri is not a good cars. Is beautifull, super design but if do you make a run 10 min. RUN, from 0 kmh. to 250kmh,
                    mountain rally,... the next day you MUSS GO TO garage for a development,
                    service,... with a Porsche this does not happen!
                    I have for 6 month a Ferrari Modena ---> shit car SOLD , now Porsche Carrera GT3.

Omar

Comment

• wettou
                      Ultra Senior Member
                      • May 2006

Electrocompaniet

Hy man, I not a Dealer but I work WITH A DEALER. Omar
                      And you still did n't answer my question where did you hear where Electrocompaniet has reliability problems!!!!

Comment

• style
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Feb 2006

@wettou

first
                        I make the financial part :T and not electronic technician

second
                        a customer bought the AW250R. he had problems with electricity
                        the amplifier Ampere ate too much and has changed the ballasts

After a run of 48 hours the sound was finally warm as is typical Elelectrocampaniet (tube-sound)

The AW 120 DMB incorporates the sistem called FTT (Floating Transformer Technology) end with this is capable of delivering twice the current of a conventional power supply! BUT DON'T have "Uncompromising sonic and mechanical quality" the basic from the First class overall circuit design and state-of-the-art components and all this make with a 220v / 15A european a problem in setup without a ups sistem.

Omar

Comment

• Matt M.
                          • Oct 2005

hello

I come a bit late, but since this question (803d vs. 803d) is asked quite
                          often, let me put an intervention I made a few years ago about this topic:

"
                          My opinion is there is a strong tonal similarity between all the 80xD models,
                          and they sound a bit differently from the 'S' models. It is probably due to
                          the tweeter, but also to the specific filter used.

Concerning 803D and 802D models, therer is obviously a difference, but it
                          didn't appear to be a huge difference to me.
                          The 802D is a bit more detailed in the medium, but above all, it is more
                          airy, more "opened" (they give a better impression of "pushing walls away").
                          This is the main contribution of the specific head.

But both offer the outstanding tone quality, which is what I
                          appreciate particularly in this new range.

The question is: is it worth addind 4000$ (or € in Europe) for the difference ?
                          I would answer, that depends !
                          We should keep in mind that the 802D is much more demanding, in term of
                          amplification and room. It is much easier to get a outstanding result with
                          the 803D.
                          They offer the best compromise between sound quality,
                          price, and the difficulty to drive and to put in.
                          In my case (I don't have room enough for 802s), it was the
                          best solution, so I bought them !
                          And I devoted the difference to the HTM2D.

But if you have budget (for both the speaker and the electronic: IMO,
                          CA2200, or equivalent, and more are a good basis for those speakers), and
                          room to allow them to give their best, then the 802D worth it.
                          They have indisputably a higher potential !"

Matt

Comment

• style
                            Super Senior Member
                            • Feb 2006

hallo Matt M.,

i have the same question for my self befor the upgrade:
                            buy a 802d or 803D? (room, space,.)
                            I have buyed the 803D with the Htm2D and I'am very happy. the 803d will be not replaced for many years.... :T (the htm2s too)
                            in europa the official price for the 803D is chf. 13600.- plus htm2d chf. 6000.-
                            8make the money change and see the different between USA and europa...)

for the classè the same CA5200 chf. 14900.- vs. usd. 9000,.,
                            CA3200 chf. 11500 and CA2200 chf. 9500...)

For my room the B&W803D (I have changed from 703, 803S and now 803D)
                            is the best solution.

for the electronics can be different. I have at this moment Rotel 2xRB1092 an a Rb1091 for the center but now I go upgrade this "part" of my system
                            and I look to classé or so like that...--> in this point come out the quality rom the 803D. the D serie (for me) is much better as S serie. You can say that the differnt between 803S and 803D is much bigger vs. 803D v 802D...

greetings from Switzerland
                            Omar

Comment

• Guy
                              • Jan 2006

@wettou

first
                              I make the financial part :T and not electronic technician

second
                              a customer bought the AW250R. he had problems with electricity
                              the amplifier Ampere ate too much and has changed the ballasts

After a run of 48 hours the sound was finally warm as is typical Elelectrocampaniet (tube-sound)

The AW 120 DMB incorporates the sistem called FTT (Floating Transformer Technology) end with this is capable of delivering twice the current of a conventional power supply! BUT DON'T have "Uncompromising sonic and mechanical quality" the basic from the First class overall circuit design and state-of-the-art components and all this make with a 220v / 15A european a problem in setup without a ups sistem.

Omar
                              From what you are saying it seems that the problems are related to insufficient electricity for the product and not the actual product.

After your initial comment about the high percentage of problems I asked some questions here and the response I received was the exact opposite of what you said. I suppose people may be telliing me what I want to hear.

Cheers, Guy.

Comment

• style
                                Super Senior Member
                                • Feb 2006

Hi Guy,

I don't have all reponse!!!

I have said the (in %) more possible that a electrocompaniet have a problem
                                vs. a MC.
                                I don't have said that all power ampil are defect!!!!!
                                (Captain Nemo call Nautilus!!!)

I suppose people may be telling me what I want to hear --> Agree

From what you are saying it seems that the problems are related to insufficient electricity for the product and not the actual product
                                This is too true. don't was all a ampli power but the combination have for resultat the problem....IS POSSIBLE BUT NOT SURE that wiht a Mc don't happen.

greetings Omar

Comment

• wettou
                                  Ultra Senior Member
                                  • May 2006

Whatever :conveyer:

Comment

• Guy
                                    • Jan 2006

Whatever :conveyer:
                                    Cheer up Wettou.

I suppose we all got a little side tracked from the original topic.

Omar - Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

• Matt M.
                                      • Oct 2005

for the electronics can be different. I have at this moment Rotel 2xRB1092 an a Rb1091 for the center but now I go upgrade this "part" of my system
                                      and I look to classé or so like that...--> in this point come out the quality rom the 803D. the D serie (for me) is much better as S serie. You can say that the differnt between 803S and 803D is much bigger vs. 803D v 802D...
                                      Totally agree with that.

For your upgrade, you should also consider the Classé CA5100.
                                      It is substantially less expensive than the CA5200 (6000€ in France,
                                      vs. 9200€), it sounds extremely well, and fit perfectly your 803D and
                                      Htm2D.

Rgds

Matt

Comment

Working...
                                      Searching...Please wait.
                                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                      Search Result for "|||"