X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sleddogg
    • Mar 2008

How am I sitting?

Hello all, new here and looking forward to good things. In a few days I will take in a pair of 683's, a pair of 685's, asw10 and an htm61. I will run them with a Rotel rsp985 pro/pre and a RMB-1095. I am greatly looking forward to the expected sound improvement but am wondering about the output of the amp as it pertains to the smaller 685's. Am I going to need to be really careful with the 200 watt amp into 100 watt recomended loudspeaker? Or is it more down to a matter of common sense? Thanks in advance.
    B&W 683/685/HTM61/ASW610
    Rotel RSP985/Rotel RMB1095/Rotel RCD1072
  • Briz vegas
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Common sense is all you need.

Most problems are caused by underpowered amps sending out nasties.
    Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
    Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

• Hdale85
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2006

I wouldn't worry about it. Your going to have to play quite loud and uncomfortable levels before you actually get 200 watt outputs. If you listen at moderate levels I doubt you'll ever have a problem.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"