X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SubSonic
    • Jul 2006

Anything like the "Watt Puppy"?

hello, im wondering if theres a system that looks something extremely close to the Watt Puppy. my uncle has a stereo system that he says has ten inch subs-each coupled with a passive radiator(i think), crystal feet, made of one of the hardest woods in the world? im highly unsure but i think it was redwood? and it was bought at around 20k and look extremly close to the Watt Puppy version 5. except im reading that the watt puppy carries 8 inch woofers and is ported? btw as i auditioned, the speakers were kings at soundstage(music only) and depth(music only). And hearing "Watermark" by enya is earth shattering. just a few things i thought about his system. im just wondering if anyone knows such a speaker. thanks for your help!
  • Kal Rubinson
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2006

And no labels? Genesis made a 5-Series speaker that's sorta similar but I suspect many others chose the WP for copying.

Kal
    Kal Rubinson

Comment

• Alloroc
      Super Senior Member
      • Dec 2005

Yeah, I've seen a few of puppy clones. Some cheap, some not....

Now the only speakers that looks a little like the Puppy and costs $20k or so is the Von Schweikert VR-5SE and the Jas audio Plato. The Von Schweikert VR-4sr, VR-7 and VR-9 also have that puppy look about them.

JAS audio, the Chinese hifi manufacturer also make a special speaker - the Plato. Retails at about $20k also. Does look a bit like the puppy, but, well, a lot nicer. Sounds amazing also.

V.
      Vincent.

I don't want the world. I just want your half.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"