X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kobestonecold
    • Sep 2007

Is this speaker good? B&W NAUTILUS 801

Are they a good buy? Better than current 800 series? Are they audiophile sound?
  • DM3000 Owner
    • Jun 2006

Uh yea, they are OK I guess. I actually just sold mine. They didn't sound too bad, for N801's that is.

Comment

• DeepEndX
      • Feb 2005

I used to own a pair. It is one dynamic speaker.

RH

Comment

• bigburner
        Super Senior Member
        • May 2005

These ones are better and there's just over an hour to go:

Comment

• Briz vegas
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by kobestonecold
          http://www.trademe.co.nz/Electronics...586565.htm?p=7

Are they a good buy? Better than current 800 series? Are they audiophile sound?
          I have no idea -they might be good. :roll: Maybe I've been around here too long but this is like asking if a Subaru WRX is a good small fast sedan (given that it has pretty much set the standard for the past decade).

For $9k kiwi I would happily take them over my 804s ($8k Aussie new) and if I trusted the seller I would do it quickly -- boxs and tweeter covers could wait - they are infamous for prefering big rooms however. Oh and the current 800 series is better but this is pretty much top of the range stuff here.
          Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
          Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

• Briz vegas
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2005

Oh and the kids will never knock those puppies.............great danes over!
            Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)

Comment

• DM3000 Owner
              • Jun 2006

I didn't see the Kiwi reference.

The N801's are outstanding speakers. They will fill a very large room. I don't know how much they cost where you are. Be ready to buy expensive amps.

I sold my N801's and replaced them with Signature 800's, which will ship tomorrow. I would not have sold my N801's but had an offer and the Signatures popped up.

Comment

• Race Car Driver
                Super Senior Member
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by DM3000 Owner

I sold my N801's and replaced them with Signature 800's, which will ship tomorrow. I would not have sold my N801's but had an offer and the Signatures popped up.
                Lucky bastard! I was eying them up but didnt want to deal with shipping. ;x(
                B&W

Comment

• Briz vegas
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by DM3000 Owner
                  I didn't see the Kiwi reference.
                  Its a New Zealand sale. Kiwi is a term like Aussie. There is alot of rivalry between us and an awful lot of them over here. Before any Kiwi's reply to that, I have 3 sisters and they all married Kiwi's.

I suspect the rivalry is due to the fact that we are pretty similar but there is a difference in the "uck-sent", then there is cricket and rugby. Just as well I follow soccer.

Kiwi's are fine by me, mostly the ones that didn't marry my sisters, it's the hobbits that get my goat.....or should that be sheep.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"