Thinking about buying the B&W Nautilus HTM 1, Could I use these as my fronts?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jjahshik32
    • Sep 2007

Thinking about buying the B&W Nautilus HTM 1, Could I use these as my fronts?

I own the B&W 805s as my fronts but thinking about using the B&W Nautilus HTM 1 as my center and fronts. Do you guys think that the B&W Nautilus HTM 1 will serve well as fronts and to put my 805s as rear? I hear that the B&W Nautilus HTM 1 sounds just the same as the 804. I guess the cheaper solution instead of the 804.

Also say If I used these as my center piece along with the 805s as front L/R, would this center piece drown out my 805s? And I am currently using yamaha v861 connected with a rotel ra-985 as preamp is that powerful enough to power the 805s and the B&W Nautilus HTM 1?
  • BassThatHz
    • Jul 2006

You could use them as fronts but the width is 7.7ft for 3 and that's if you pack them tightly together, so take that into consideration.

All the B&W speakers above the 805 line are very power hungry; I power my two 803's with four channels of 120 watt rotel (480 total) and it still asks for more. I truly believe that they would sound a bit better with a dedicated rb-1080 per side bi-amped (800watts total) but that's just me.

I have never heard any of the B&W center channels, but it wouldn't be a bad assumption to assume that 2 fst's and 4 woofers out doing the 805's units.

Comment

• jjahshik32
      • Sep 2007

I've heard so many good things about the htm 1 and I found someone selling it for $1450 only 3 years old with sales receipt mint conditioned. I guess I could use the center piece for my front and move the 805s as the back.

But then I love the 805s's and might just use all 3 as the front as I have some (I think fake/cheap) digital audio sl 3810 towers bought them from a friend (for $50) who saids he paid it off a white van, actually a an suv (I've read everywhere about those being rip offs or fakes) but then for some reason they sound amazing, especially the woofers so I use them as my backs (for now). Also does anyone know if those digital audio is a real company for speakers and if the sl 3810 is real? Because to me these sound awesome, on par with the 805s well the tweeter is much better on the 805s but overall sounds pretty close. Also I looked inside of the sl 3810 towers and even the tags have authentic digital audio tags and stickers. Maybe my friend bought stolen instead of knock offs? I dont know anyways...

Anyone out there use the htm1 just for their fronts (this would be in a relatively small room about 12x14) Would it be powerful enough to use them as the front alone?? Most likely I would use the 805s as fronts and hmt 1 as the center piece but I guess i'm too scared that the htm will drown out the 805s and would better situated for the 805s to be used as surrounds or rears.

And another note is that compusa was having a 60% sale nearby my place and I bought some athena ws-100 mini tower speakers for my surrounds, while they do sound nice I noticed that on each tower the middle mini 3.5" woofer makes a buzz noise when trying to produce the bass, only on some music it does this.. anyone know if its coincidence that the exact woofers on each tower makes that noise or both are just damaged?

Sorry this is a long A$$ post and keep in mind the back and surrounds are my temporary solution as I slowly build my b&w setups.... In the future I would love to keep the htm1 as center and move the 805s as surrounds and buy a 803 or 804 as fronts.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"