X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • markov
    • Sep 2007

Front End for 600 setup

Greetings all. First I would like to thank everyone for all of the insightful information and enjoyable reading I've had throughout this entire forum. I'm not a bigger poster but I've been gathering information for quite some time and I'm finally ready to make a purchase.

I’m looking for some advice on a front end for a 600 series setup (683, HTM61, DS3, sub TBD). Specifically I'm looking for some advice from current and previous 600 series owners about how much I should invest in electronics.

Background Info: Room 25' x 15' x 18' open to other room, Music/Cinema: 60%/40% all types of music but with emphasis on rock, alternative, and acoustical modern rock.

Some of the options I have listened to and enjoyed are the Pioneer Elite VSX92TXH, Yamaha RXV3800, Rotel RSX1058, and Rotel RSP1069/RMB1075.

Chances are that I will not be able to upgrade the speakers for quite a while (~10 years?) so they should remain a constant. I don't believe that I have a very well trained ear so I'm wondering if I should just use a AVR and never listen to anything better (ignorance is bliss, and cheaper!) or to get the maximum out of my speakers invest in separates? Any and all advice welcome as long as it’s in at least the same ballpark $$ wise.
  • PewterTA
    • Nov 2004

I'd say go with the Rotel setup. The musicality of their equipment is a lot better than the Yamaha or Pioneer. Just my opinion though.

I like separates for the simple reason you can upgrade pieces as you can afford them (if you want to). Or just for the fact that you know that piece was built just for what it's supposed to do instead of cramming everything into one unit.

I guess it also depends on whether you need the latest and greatest codecs for Blu-Ray or not, because that might be something to consider as well.
    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
    -Dan

Comment

• hifiguymi
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2007

The RSP-1069 and RMB-1075 combo will be the best sounding by a mile. I sell B&W, Pioneer Elite and Rotel (among others) so I'm very familiar with those combinations. The RSX-1058 would be my second choice to the Rotel separates. The VSX-94TXH is a very nice receiver and would work well with those speakers if that is all the budget would allow. I'd look closely at the Denon AVR-3808CI for the same money however. It is a better sonic match with B&W speakers than Pioneer Elite and Yamaha IMO.

Eric

Comment

• scanido
        • Apr 2006

I second Rotel for your setup.

If your budget can't strech for Rotel sperates, I would seriously consider the RSX1056/7/8 receiver. Later when more funds come available, you can use the pre-outs to power an amp.

I was recently powering my 803S, HTM3S, and DM600S3 speakers off the RSX-1057 in a fairly sized room and I am very happy with the performance!! Don't let the 75W x 5 rating fool you. It sounds much better then the Pio and Yamaha brand receivers.

Comment

• function12
          • Oct 2007

I second Rotel. I use to have a Denon and B&W combo. RSP 1068 & RMB 1075 are awesome with 600 series.

Comment

• markov
            • Sep 2007

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. After listening this weekend I have decided to go with the Rotel RSP-1069/RMB-1085 Combo.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"