X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Pioneer Elite PRO-FHD1 Plasma Review

If you’re not an LCD fan but feel the need for 1080p, you don’t have many options. With the PRO-FHD1, you get top performance in just about every category (save black level). The downside, of course, is the price. It’s around twice the price of its similarly sized competition. But, then, Pioneer’s Elite products have always been that way. It’s the old “you get what you pay for.” The only other downside is that, at this past CES, Pioneer showed off what they have planned for later this year, and, well, if you have to buy right now, go for this one. But, if you can wait….
    Jason
  • Snap
    Super Senior Member
    • Feb 2005

Does any one out there have this set?

I have one comming to me in a week or so.

I want to see what it looks like with all signals sent to it. from 480i to 1080P.

Also want to compair a 480P dvd to the SAME movie in BR. (have the Elite BR comming as well.)

Just wondering if any one else out here as this set already?

Thanks,
    Snap
    The Bitterness of poor quality last longer than the joy of low prices.

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

Haven't seen it myself but I'm more looking forward to it's younger brother coming down the line :P
      Jason

Comment

• comeup
        • Jul 2005

Snap, when I was at Magnolia HiFi last week they were offering a free 50 inch Pioneer plasma not the Elite when purchasing the PRO-FHD1. Thats a deal wow. hope you got in on it or maybe they are still doing it. I have the Elite PRO 940HD I know your going to love your big daddy.
        Blake

Comment

• peterS
          Super Senior Member
          • Dec 2005

i would of held off the two months for the far superior next gen

Comment

• comeup
            • Jul 2005

2052$ Out The Door For The Bedroom :W
            Blake

Comment

• Gremal
              • Apr 2007

Next generation Pioneers, as described in Perfect Vision:
              One of the biggest flat-panel stories was Pioneer’s demonstration of a ground-up redesign
              for its plasma TVs that dramatically improves performance. I’m not talking about incremental improvements
              here—in side-by-side comparisons with Pioneer’s current models as well as plasmas and LCDs from other manufacturers,
              the differences were striking. And this from a company that already has a reputation
              for producing some of the finest plasma TVs around (see “2006 Product of the Year Awards,” Issue 74).
              A great picture involves several factors, including deep blacks, bright whites, wide contrast (the difference between black and white), vivid colors, and sharp detail. The new Pioneer plasma panels demonstrate remarkable
              improvements in all these areas—for instance, blacks so deep and contrast so wide that Pioneer claims they can’t be measured accurately. I don’t know about that, but I can say the background
              blacks and shadow detail in the demo footage I saw were extremely realistic.
              And when the panels were idling with no picture, the screen was dead black, instead of the dark gray you often see.
              The new panels also literally shine in terms of image brightness, which means watching TV in a day-lit room won’t be a problem. Combine this with the panels’ ability to render inky blacks, and you wind up with very wide contrast; in fact, a Pioneer rep claimed that the new panels pegged the contrast meter at 20,000:1, meaning
              that the actual contrast ratio was greater than that. The higher the contrast ratio, the more the picture “pops,” producing
              a greater sense of “looking through a window” realism.
              Pioneer has yet to announce specific models, but TVs employing its new plasma design are expected to reach stores this summer. I can’t wait to get one into Grayscale Studio and put it through its...
              Integrated 7.1 HT and Two-Channel System
              Pioneer KRP-600M | VAC Phi Beta 110i | to be determined front end
              B&W 802D | B&W HTM1D | B&W ASW-825 | B&W N805 | B&W SCM1
              VPI Scout | Oppo BDP-95 | Tivo Series 3 | Integra DTC-9.8
              Audio Refinement Multi-5 | PS Audio Premier | Goertz and Electra Glide cables

Comment

• Chris D
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Dec 2000

Hey, cool...
                CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                - Pleasantville

Comment

• Gremal
                  • Apr 2007

Yep, so cool I'll be buying the 50" model when it's introduced.
                  Integrated 7.1 HT and Two-Channel System
                  Pioneer KRP-600M | VAC Phi Beta 110i | to be determined front end
                  B&W 802D | B&W HTM1D | B&W ASW-825 | B&W N805 | B&W SCM1
                  VPI Scout | Oppo BDP-95 | Tivo Series 3 | Integra DTC-9.8
                  Audio Refinement Multi-5 | PS Audio Premier | Goertz and Electra Glide cables

Comment

• Audiophiliac
                    • Apr 2006

We just picked up the Elite line, and have the FHD1 with the Elite BRD player and it is a phenomenal combo!

Comment

• Chris D
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Dec 2000

I need to see some prices.
                      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                      - Pleasantville

Comment

• Ray Collins
                        • Mar 2006

I would like to see some too.

Ray
                        Wine is constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy.
                        BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

Comment

• Snap
                          Super Senior Member
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Audiophiliac
                          We just picked up the Elite line, and have the FHD1 with the Elite BRD player and it is a phenomenal combo!
                          My Blu-Ray disc is on back order for Elite.

When I get the room finished I will post some pix.

Looking forward to the Elite products. Should have all my gear in the next 4 days!
                          The Bitterness of poor quality last longer than the joy of low prices.

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"