X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jonnyz
    • Dec 2007

New 803D...WOW

well, I started off looking at 805s then went to a used pair of N803 and today brought home a pair of 803D Rosenut.

Stunning! even in my mostly empty, no carpet(yet) condo running off my Rotel 1095/1055 combo.

The shop had them hooked up to a Mac 402 and c220 tube pre and was sold. I am shpping that combo right now local and on audiogon.

As soon as my interior designers gets the rugs/furniture in here I will be able to dial in my space treatment wise and will take whatever steps I have to...

they sure are big in my space, I am 90 inches from the grills and they are 90 inches from eachother.

I have enjoyed learning on this forum. I must have read 90 pages of B&W alone!! Only way I found out these will work in a small space :B

my designer is going to S*** when she walks in and runs into these sticking 20 inches out in the middle of the living space but sacrifices must be made!!!

also listend to them on the Musical Fidelity A5 and am seriously considering that route. Or the Mac ma6900!!
  • ShadowZA
    Super Senior Member
    • Jan 2006

Congratulations on your new 803D's! :T

You might also want to take a look at (or rather listen to) Classé and Krell as far as amplification is concerned.

Good luck and enjoy!

Comment

• dan87951
      • Nov 2005

Awesome! Can't wat till I get my own set of them!
      dan87951
      audio guru

Comment

• jonnyz
        • Dec 2007

Thanks guys...I will look again at the Classe but

after a couple several hour listening sessions on the Mc 402/c220 combo I am pretty such sold. Telegraph Road by Dire Straights had an almost liquid quality to it. After 20 years of hearing that song on the same CD, I was hearing things I did not hear before. The Classe and MF stuff was also very nice but in a different sort of way.

A couple of the guys at the shop really were excited about the Mac/B&W combo and they have been selling the other stuff for years. I went in there thinking Classe and the guys just said wait til you hear this combo. The Classe was several thousdand more for the combo I was looking at so I don't think $$ was an issue. My salesman has been doing this for 22 years, has owned his own shop and is a 2 channel fanatic and pretty much took me aside and said(when no one else could hear him) and said buy the Mac and don't look back

At this level, it's all good. It really does come down to each individual set of ears and 803D/MC402/C220 made me smile in a way I have not in a long long time when listening to my music :B

Comment

• Mark-n-b
          • Apr 2005

Well done Jonny, I'm ordering mine on Saturday.

I had thought about the 802Ds, and I am still a bit undecided, but I really love the 803Ds. This is a struggle I have been having for weeks, and I spmply cannot decide. I have been looking at ShadowZA's setup which is basically what i wanted.

Any chance of some pictures?

Comment

• Shyamalan
            • Sep 2006

Congratulations!!! I'm willing to see some pictures

Comment

• dan87951
              • Nov 2005

Johnny, Did you trade in your old N803's at the store?
              dan87951
              audio guru

Comment

• jonnyz
                • Dec 2007

No, I never picked them up in the first place....

I was just about to go with them because of the screaming deal on them. I then listened to the 803D's over a several day period and decided that knowing myself the way I do I might as well go ahead and get the next set so I don't have to deal with the upgrade in a year. I knew the 803D was for me after the extended listening I did and figured I would buy them next year anyways, so avoid the hassle of buying and selling another set and take the plunge. I sold the CDM 9NT's on audiogon and had a good experience.

now on to the amp and pre...

happy listening :B

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"