X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dan87951
    • Nov 2005

Just bought a HTM2D diamond center

One of my contacts at the local B&W dealer emailed me asking if I was interested in a Nautilus HTM1. At first I said no even though the price was way reasonable but I was pretty broke (just bought a house few months earlier and sold majority of my HT stuff to help get the 20% down) and decided against it. Well I saw a set of 803's for sale that was local and was thinking if I get those mise well get the center so I called him up and said I would take the HTM1 however that was sold but he had a HTM2D and me being the guy that i'am said sure. Unfortunately the deal on the N803's fell through so my front lineup will now consist of DM602's and a HTM2D, that should make for an interesting combination? I won't pick up the center until probably sometime next week but I'm anxious. Oh well I'm piecing this system together very slowly as funds come in and hopefully will have 803D's or at least 803's by the end of the year. My name is Dan and im a audioaholic..
    dan87951
    audio guru
  • htsteve
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

Htm2d

Dan,

My name is HTSteve and I have an HTM2D. You will love the HTM2D. I had the HTM1 before. The 2D is definitely better accross the board. Like all the speakers in that line, it loves power. What are you driving it with?

Also, you should plan to get diamond left and right speakers. It might take more time to raise the funds, but it's worth it. The 803S's are very good, but the diamonds are sweet. I have 802d's as well as the HTM2D.

Let us know your impressions after you get it.

Comment

• dan87951
      • Nov 2005

LOL thats a good question "What will I be driving it with?"

For now all I have is a HK AVR520 receiver it puts out a thunderous 55watts x5 channels so that should be enough, right? Seriously though, my next purchase will be an amp unforuntely I won't be able to get another Classe amp if I want diamond mains this year so I have been really looking at streching my dollar. Possibly a Rotel RMB-1075 or older Citation and using my HK as a pre-amp.
      I'm siked that I got a diamond center but probably won't make a in depth review until I get some decent mains to match it. Did you get your 802D's new or used? Just curious what current used market value is on them..

Thanks
      dan87951
      audio guru

Comment

• htsteve
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2004

Dan,

A used Rotel 1075 is an excellent idea until you can do something more serious later. If you go this route, you could then plan for 803D's. The 1075 would be good to all three (you could even bi-amp the 803's and run your rears off the HK). But a move up in performance will have your jaw dropping. I know, I just upgrade to McIntosh amp and AV pre-amp. ;x(
        Bliss has ensued. Even my kids' shows sound awesome.

I got my 802d's new. There was a recent price increase. I managed to avoid that and get a discount. As to pricing, you should be able to get 10% off new.

Audiogon is a good resource for used hi-fi equipment.

I think you'll like your HTM2D enough to post a few impressions.

Comment

• Race Car Driver
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2005

You know.... I have a RMB 1075 for sale........

Dan.. free delivery
          B&W

Comment

• dan87951
            • Nov 2005

Originally posted by htsteve
            Dan,

A used Rotel 1075 is an excellent idea until you can do something more serious later. If you go this route, you could then plan for 803D's. The 1075 would be good to all three (you could even bi-amp the 803's and run your rears off the HK). But a move up in performance will have your jaw dropping. I know, I just upgrade to McIntosh amp and AV pre-amp. ;x(
            Bliss has ensued. Even my kids' shows sound awesome.

I got my 802d's new. There was a recent price increase. I managed to avoid that and get a discount. As to pricing, you should be able to get 10% off new.

Audiogon is a good resource for used hi-fi equipment.

I think you'll like your HTM2D enough to post a few impressions.
            I hear that audiogon is definitely my best friend. Thanks for your feedback I can't wait till I get everything situated the way I want! :T
            What amp and pre-amp did you go with in there line up?

Race Car Driver, If that amp was silver I would be all over it! I don't think my silver Rotel RCC-1055 would look to good with a black amp. I know, I know, im picky like that.
            dan87951
            audio guru

Comment

• htsteve
              Super Senior Member
              • Sep 2004

Dan,

I got the MC205 amp and the MX120 pre-amp. I'm running balanced in the front three channels. ANYTHING I throw at it is outstanding. The sound is awesome. The video scaling is very good as well.

Picture is attached.

PS I would grab the 1075. It's a very nice unit, even if it doesn't completely sync up with the silver unit. I had black and silver mixed as well. It didn't bother me like I thought it might.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Race Car Driver
                Super Senior Member
                • Mar 2005

Nice salamnder rack! I have the same
                B&W

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"