X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lectoid
    • Jan 2007

600 series speaker terminal connector.

I bought a used LCR600 S3 (sorrento, yay!) and had it shipped to me. I didn't know it before shipping, but it's missing the two metal pieces that connect the speaker terminals. Is there a better name for these? I called my only local B&W store and left a VM. They haven't been too helpful in the past so I am not holding my breath.

Can I buy these off of B&W. I haven't e-mailed them yet. I thought someone might have had a similar situation. For now I just have a small piece of speaker wire connecting them. I'm sure that will do the job, but it just doesn't feel right.

Thanks. Oh, and also, can I get a replacement grill, one of the posts was broke off in the speaker and again, it's just one, but knowing that bugs me.

Thanks again.
  • Ken49r
    • Dec 2007

Your dealer should be able to order you both replacement grill and binding post jumpers from B&W. You could bi-wire your speaker and eliminate the need for the jumper.

Comment

• wgriel
      • May 2006

The wire will work fine in place of the jumpers, but I know what you mean: it is nice to have a "factory complete" package.

Comment

• Lectoid
        • Jan 2007

My local dealer sucks, they wouldn't even order it for me. They gave me B&W's phone number. The receptionist told me to try Sears for the "metal connector". I said thanks and hung up.

I called tech support this morning and left a voice mail. I guess they are down to 1 person today.

Comment

• hifiguymi
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2007

If you don't plan on bi-wiring, replace any jumpers you have on all of your speakers with a short piece of wire. Those jumpers are made of nickel, which is a horrible conductor, most of the time and a short piece of wire will sound better.

Eric

Comment

• Lectoid
            • Jan 2007

I'll have to check, but I could have swore they were gold plated. And I guarantee I'd never tell the difference between those connectors and speaker wire.

I'm ashamed to admit I have a 4+ year old Pioneer 5.1 receiver driving all of this. I'm saving up for a Rotel, so keep the insults to a minimum.

Comment

• hifiguymi
              Super Senior Member
              • Mar 2007

Gold is a poor conductor as well. It just looks pretty and doesn't tarnish and that is why you see gold plating on connectors. That plating is very thin and does very little to the sound either way.

Eric

Comment

• RobP
                Ultra Senior Member
                • Nov 2004

You can call B&W directly @ 978-664-2870, just ask for parts, they will sell you whatever you need, no dealer needed. :T
                Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• Aldo
                  • Sep 2005

B&W does not make the binding posts, they are from WBT!

There are many dealers in US.
                  It is very easy to change them, you can even upgrade them!

Comment

• RobP
                    Ultra Senior Member
                    • Nov 2004

True, but B&W should still stock them. may be cheaper than buying direct from WBT.
                    Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• Aldo
                      • Sep 2005

You can get more info here:

Comment

• Lectoid
                        • Jan 2007

B&W called back. They are $3.64 each and 10 to ship. So I spent just over $17 dollars. It's crazy I know, but if I ever sell these to upgrade, I'm sure I'll get that back when I can honestly say nothing is missing.

The grill on the other hand cost almost $40. I passed on that for now.

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"