802D/803D bi-amped with Rotel RB-1092 (or RB-1090)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mark-n-b
    • Apr 2005

802D/803D bi-amped with Rotel RB-1092 (or RB-1090)

I am building a 5.1 system for 50% movies, 50% music (both 5.1 and 2.0), and I am thinking of 4×802D & HTM1D or 4×803D & HTM2D - I have not decided yet.
    I was thinking of running these with 5×Rotel RB-1092 in Bi-Amp configuration - the reason being that I cannot afford the entire outlay in one go - so i will be buying the bits over the course of a couple of years.
    This seems reasonable to me, because I can start with 2 channels then add the rest later.
    What do you guys think about this? Has anyone heard this setup - i.e. RB-1092 biamp to 80*D?
    Cheers,
    Mark
    Last edited by Mark-n-b; 07 January 2008, 18:30 Monday.
  • Mark-n-b
    • Apr 2005

Sorry - I should also add that i was originally thinking of using 5×RB-1090, but I think these will take up too much room, but these do come up for sale from time to time and I really don't mind getting them second hand. I would just need a substation built next to the house to power them!

Comment

• WI Rotel
      • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Mark-n-b
      I am building a 5.1 system for 50% movies, 50% music (both 5.1 and 2.0), and I am thinking of 4×802D & HTM1D or 4×803D & HTM2D - I have not decided yet.
      I was thinking of running these with 5×Rotel RB-1092 in Bi-Amp configuration - the reason being that I cannot afford the entire outlay in one go - so i will be buying the bits over the course of a couple of years.
      This seems reasonable to me, because I can start with 2 channels then add the rest later.
      What do you guys think about this? Has anyone heard this setup - i.e. RB-1092 biamp to 80*D?
      Cheers,
      Mark
      I have not, but the RB1080 stereophile review did. It drove them splendidly. Of course, spending a lot more moolah can provide even better sound from the 802's but, as you pointed out, its exponentially more money for what may be partly subjective improvement. The article actually points out that the 802's were an even better match for the 1080 than it was to some other esoteric speakers (which it also drove very well). Note, of course, that the D's did not exist then, but I don't think that the D's vary much from the non D in "driveability". If you wish to read the review visit the Rotel website. Enjoy :T

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"