surrounds for 703s (axiom qs8s a match?)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrpotto
    • Dec 2007

surrounds for 703s (axiom qs8s a match?)

Just traded in my 704s for 703 and enjoying the upgrade. Now its time to work on the surrounds. Currently I have small energy (Take series) mounted on the back wall. Due to the waf factor, anything I get will need to be relatively small since our HT room is also the family room. I know that its important to have consistency across the front speakers (I have a HTM7 along with the 703s) but how important is it for surrounds? In particular would the Axiom QS8 v2 surrounds be a match? They're $540 a pair which is in the ballpark. More info. I have a deal with a local dealer to trade speakers within a year and since I now have acute upgraditis I'm already thinking ahead to moving into the low end of the 800 series next year (804s). Would the axioms match those too?

Thanks for the input.

Chris
  • KRC
    • Aug 2004

I am running B&W 600 series 3 with my 703's and they work very well for DVD. If you were running SACD/DVDA where the speakers are fed a discrete signal you would want to move up. In most music DVD's, it seems the rear speakers are only for ambients (ie crowd noise etc) either that or my system is not reproducing what is there. In most movies, it is mostly effects which are eventually steered to the front, or again I am missing a ton of stuff.

Kevin

Comment

• wgriel
      • May 2006

I would think that something from B&W (even from a different series) would tend to match a bit better than the Axioms. That said, you are used to non-matching surrounds and it may not matter that much.

I have heard very good things about the QS8s, but they will provide a more diffuse sound field than direct radiators - this can be good or bad, depending on what you like & listen to.

Comment

• WI Rotel
        • Jul 2006

My recommendation is to stick with something from the 7 series. Each BW "series" has a signature tonality. 705's should do the trick.

Comment

• DL86
          • Sep 2005

five 703's all around :T . lol Im not too sure about the Axiom's it would be better to run at least all speakers from B&W even if that means going to the 600 series results wont be disastrous. However, if you dont seriously listen to multi channel audio I doubt there will be a problem with the axioms.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"