X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FREDDYSTE
    • Dec 2007

Any 800D owners i need help

I currently own a pair of 800d`s and have on loan 2 classe m400 mono blocks also classe cdp202 cd player and a cp700 pre amp my problem is i keep getting a clipping sound on the voice of the singer,has anyone else come across this problem?
  • Relentless
    • Jul 2007

that set up should sound exactly how B & W intended the 800D's to sound.
    I have those speakers and the voices are some of the best I have heard and I would assume clipping due to the amps but I doubt the CA M400 ran out of power.
    You may want to ask this question in the Classe owners forum. http://www.htguide.com/forum/forumdisplay.php4?f=40
    I refuse to tip-toe through life only to arrive safely at death...
    Lou

Comment

• Dave999
      • Mar 2007

I have the same speakers and amps, with a different pre amp and source and have not experienced any clipping.

Comment

• RebelMan
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Mar 2005

Can you be more specific about how the clipping sounds? At what SPL's is it noticeable? Does it occur on every track of every disc that includes vocals? Does it occur in both channels? How is the equipment tethered together? How new are the speakers? How new is the Classe' demo gear? What equipment were you using previously? Did you notice anything odd then?
        "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"