X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pedro
    • Jan 2006

Krell FPB400cx or Class CA-M400

Hello Folks,

Few days ago, i´ve listened the Krell KCT and FPB400CX combo with 803D (wich ive already own). The 400CX is a stereo 2x400 amp. I´ve enjoyed the macrodynamic and the bass. Surely could be the amp to me, as I like more energetic music like Rock, Hard rock and metal. But, at same time, i also think how Classe CA-M400 could sound with them. The CA-M400 are monoblock and a little more expensive, and i didnt get a chance do listen it. So, i would like to know from the Classe owners, how could be compare the CA-M400 with the Krell 400CX? Could the bass of the CA-M400 sound the same or better than the Krell ? :B :T
  • sikoniko
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

krell has quick bass. krell is very bright and i found that it sounded fantastic for about 15 minutes. then I get fatigued.

Classe is organic. Classe is listenable. I can listen to classe for hours.

so, it depends on what you want. a great 15 minutes or hours and hours of organic musical bliss.
    I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• GregLett
      • May 2005

Krell and B&W do not go together very well, the Classe is a much better match.
      Greg

Comment

• Minardi2
        • May 2007

Really? My N802s sound fabulous being driven by my FPB-700cx. I realize the B&W/Classe crowd here is strong, and that's fine, but let's not put one's feet to far into one's mouth by making such generalizations.

Comment

• GregLett
          • May 2005

Originally posted by Minardi2
          Really? My N802s sound fabulous being driven by my FPB-700cx. I realize the B&W/Classe crowd here is strong, and that's fine, but let's not put one's feet to far into one's mouth by making such generalizations.
          Please do not get bent out of shape. Some pieces just go better together that's a fact. I'm sure your system sounds just, I never said it wouldn't, but the Classe B&W crowd is strong for a reason; the two products match up well.
          I don't own either so I'm not just saying that because I have them.
          As a matter of fact I own a Krell amp, and I think it matches up better with my Logans than the Classe did.
          It's all opinions here the final decision is up to the individual.
          Greg

Comment

• RebelMan
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by GregLett
            Some pieces just go better together that's a fact.
            Agreed. Finding system synergy is what this hobby is all about. It can be a futile attempt at times too. The darth of personable dealerships is no doubt to blame but the search must go on.

It's like your the coach looking for the best players that you hope will work best togther as a "team". Having a standout player or too will not make for a winning team although it will improve your chances. The same goes for this hobby. Having two great brands like B&W and Krell in the same system doesn't preclude that the outcome will be a "winning" sound. Good sounding yes but perhaps not the best sounding.

Together they (B&W and Krell) may make a system sound great, but they may not make a great sounding system.
            "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• GregLett
              • May 2005

Originally posted by RebelMan
              Agreed. Finding system synergy is what this hobby is all about. It can be a futile attempt at times too. The darth of personable dealerships is no doubt to blame but the search must go on.

That's so true. It's very difficult to find a dealer that would let you audition a piece of gear in your home, even ones you have patronized before.
              Greg

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"