X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Opus007
    • Nov 2007

Subwoofer help

Can someone expalin to me why you set the sub low freq. switch to out for Ht and in for Stereo?Thanks
    • Nov 2005

HI,
    We can't read your mind. Could you be more specific such as what equipment you are talking about, etc. What you have said so far makes no sense to me.

Sparky

Comment

• Opus007
      • Nov 2007

Ok , my B&W sub is a ASW610.In the manual it says to set the low pass filter to OUT when using the sub for home theater and set the low pass filter to IN for stereo.On the back of the sub is a switch that you can set to either in or out for the low pass filter.I was jsut wondering why this is and what it does in the in/out positions.Why OUT for HT and IN for STEREO.My sub is not connected to the fronts but directly to Receiver.

Comment

• srb
        • Oct 2004

When you are using the sub for home theatre, the crossover frequency is set in the reciever. Setting the sub's low pass filter to OUT bypasses the sub's internal crossover.

When using the sub in a normal stereo system, you are using presumably using preamp outputs (variable line out). Since most stereo amplifiers do not have any bass management or low pass filter, setting the sub's low pass filter to IN uses the sub's internal crossover.

IN = use internal crossover
        OUT = bypass internal crossover

Comment

• Opus007
          • Nov 2007

Thanks forthe explaination.That was what I was looking for. :P

Comment

• eljr
            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Karma
            HI,
            We can't read your mind. Could you be more specific such as what equipment you are talking about, etc. What you have said so far makes no sense to me.

Sparky

Gee, I am surprised you were not answered. :E
            What you got back home, lil' sister, to play yer fuzzy warbles on? Pitiful, portable picnic players?
            Come with uncle & hear all proper! Hear angels trumpets & devils trombones. You are invited!

Comment

• Nov 2005

Originally posted by eljr
              Gee, I am surprised you were not answered. :E
              HI,
              Not sure what you are saying. The OP did elaborate on the problem in response to my question and gave enough info to deal with the issue. Is that what you mean?

Or were you surprised I did not address the question? Why would I when the question was answered in a perfectly good way by someone else.

What's your point?

Sparky

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"