X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jmorod
    • Nov 2007

new member needs HT B&W/Krell advice

great forum!

Here's my situation: just moved in to new high rise and have almost completed my HT, but need some advice for rears.

Due to noise restrictions, I'm running 805's for fronts and HTM 2 for CC. Amp is TAS, pre is HTS 7.1, DVD is Showcase, Elite 50 pro 1150, POS velodyne sub, aq king cobra i/c's, aq cv-8 cables.

My issue is I now need rears. Originally I was going to run 802d's and HTM 1 in the front and move the 805's to the rear. However, I can't crank it too loud w/o complaints so I decided to stay small up front. For rears, I need ideas. I was going to go w/in wall but the rear wall is a really akward shape and not sure if they'll fit. Besides another pair of 805's, any other ideas?

TIA
  • hifiguymi
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2007

I would recommend either SCMS's if you can find a way to make a wall mount work, a pair of DS8's if you have the side walls available, or a pair of 805S's. Any other speaker would fit in one of those applications and I would recommend you stick the 800 Series speakers with the system you have.

Eric

Comment

• RebelMan
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Mar 2005

If I had to choose between the 805S or SCMS for surrounds I would pick the SCMS anyday of the week and twice on Sundays.
      "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• RedWolf
        • Sep 2007

In my tv room i use the 805 in the front and the rear. I am very happy with the balance and prefer the flexibility of the 805 over the scm because they are not wall mounted.

Comment

• Charles
          • Jul 2006

SCMS would match your fronts and come with great wall mounting brackets that allow you to swivel or tilt. I have them currently as surounds with a Krell setup and have no complaints.

Comment

• jmorod
            • Nov 2007

Thanks! Just ordered the SCM's! What about the sub?

Any recomendations for a new sub that will intergrate well? I really enjoy 2 ch music, but because of space/noise restrictions have to use 805's for fronts. Using a sub to bleed in should give me a pseudo full ranges sound. Any ideas on what would go well? REL? B&W? Thanks again

Comment

• Charles
              • Jul 2006

Several good ones out there. I currently have a Velodyne DD-18 which I am very pleased with, but hear great things about REL and B&W as well. Beware, the sub will quickly get you in trouble with your neighbors so you may want to be a bit conservative.

Comment

• Charles
                • Jul 2006

JL is another sub that you may want to check out.

Comment

• SoCalCM
                  • Oct 2007

Go with the first plan -- get the 802Ds. They will blow away the 805s, and just about any other speaker, at any volume.

Comment

• mrohde
                    • Jan 2007

Check out the DS8S. I have apair and they are fantasic! They will work well as side and rear surrounds.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"