X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mstang1988
    • Jul 2008

SCMS DS8S 805S Power?

Right now I'm on track to buy a Parasound A51 amp but I am wondering how much power the SCMS DS8S and 805S can really handle. They are all three rated at 120 Watts RMS. I'm just wondering if the A52 at 125 Watts/channel is a better fit then the 250WPC an A51 cranks out. I currently don't have any of the listed but they are on the list when I can afford them (after the 802D's of course!).
  • Mig17
    • Jan 2008

I think SCMS is 120 W rated but surely it can handle the A51 of 250 W

Comment

• mstang1988
      • Jul 2008

Thanks. Has anybody on here pushed them pased the rated watts?

Comment

• scanido
        • Apr 2006

I am running my SCMS on a MC205 rated at 200w a channel, but closer to 300w for front duty. I even have gotten the power gaurd lights to flicker so these speakers can handle the power!

I was surprised that even at that level, the speakers sounded so clean and fluid. 200-250w is probably the sweat spot for these speakers.

Comment

• mstang1988
          • Jul 2008

Woohoo, A51 it is for me then! Anybody have a better amp in that price range (used 2000-2800) that can perform better?

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"