X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jjahshik32
    • Sep 2007

Experience with Rotel RMB-1095 for B&W 805's

anyone used the Rotel RMB-1095 with especially 805s or N805?
  • Miroku
    • Jul 2004

a 1095 is probably more than enough juice for 805's. if youre just talking about stereo though you'd want a 2 channel amp, like the RB1080. the 1095 is 5 channels.

Also, there is a separate club Rotel forum where you can probably get more opinions about the 1095.

Comment

• crowland
      • May 2007

After reading all of your posts, it seems as if you are not really sure where it is your are going with your setup. You're all over the the place; that's the cool thing about ADD. My opinion is if you are where you are at w/ the 805's, then the 1095 could'nt be more wrong. There are many integrated 2 ch amps that will put the 1095 to shame w/ smaller speakers even though they have less wattage. If you see multi chanel with possibly, but not necessarily larger speakers in you future, then the 1095 can not be beat for the price.

My point in all this is that a purest 2 ch can be a beautifull thing if done correctly. However, I think you could easily waste a lot of money if you don't pick a path. The best of all worlds is very expensive and requires a lot more freq. upgrades. Just keep that in mind is all I'm saying.

Comment

• WI Rotel
        • Jul 2006

The 1095 will drive your 805's spectacularly, as well as any other speaker you wish to hook up to it. For HT purposes it will also drive 5 of them without breaking a sweat. If you can find me an integrated amp :laughat: anywhere close to the price of the 1095 that can drive 5 speakers regardless of what they are anywhere close to the same fidelity as it I'll buy it for you :rofl: . If your doing only stereo a 1080 is however a better alternative for half the price. And again if you can find and integrated that will drive them better than the 1080 for the same price I'll buy it for you too!

Comment

• jjahshik32
          • Sep 2007

wait so 1095 right not 1080 that your praising??

Comment

• misterdoggy
            Super Senior Member
            • May 2005

JJ where are you from ? I am guessing that english is not your native tongue and that could be some of the miscommunication here.

First you spoke about driving a stereo thru a power Mac and instead of just getting Computer speakers like JBL or something you JUMPED into the world of HIFI listening and bought yourself a 1st class pair of speakers the 805s'.

Now you realiszed with the sound quality your were getting, that it could even get better and are thinking about amps and preamps. However, you chose a Home Theater Amplifier with 5 channels. This is a great Amp and can drive the 805S' no problem, but then you will have 3 unused channels ?

So the question is what are you doing ? What do you want to accomplish ? Where are you going with all your questions ?

You need to sit down and make a plan. Become informed of what you want to do. This is the best way to proceed.

Make a list on a piece of paper of what you want to do

1. Home Theater (5 channels) or Hifi (2 channels)

2. Components needed to accomplish either

a> home theater 5 speakers, DVD player,processor, 5 channels amplification, Screen, wiring.

This system can also be used in Stereo mode for 2 channel or 5 channel sacd music listen

b> Hifi - 2 channel only stereo listening

For this you need a CD or phono, Amp, preamp (or integrated preamplifier which has both) 2 speakers wiring.

This is the first decision. Then the next is budget. Then the next is easy.

Like any voyage, you need a plan of action

Comment

• jjahshik32
              • Sep 2007

I do want to use the 805s as my main speakers and as of right now I only own the rotel rb--985bx amp not the 1095. I was thinking about the 1095 because I hear all these great things about this amp for its price. But it is a 5 channel and i wasnt sure myself if I wanted to jump to 5.1 setup later or if I wanted to keep the 805s as my main speakers. But now I do know thanks to your list =D I want to keep my 805s as my 2 main speakers and I want to be able to add a nice sub later on. The rotel amp I have right now is an integrated amp. I guess I should stick with better quality 2 channel amp then.

My only other question is that how do you know which integrated amp can be used to add a sub or do you need a preamp to do this?

By the way I was born in Korea but lived here in houston for 20 years now, its just my grammar isnt very good when i'm typing in forums =/ and no i'm from south korea not North (everyone always ask this question first and i'm not sure if their serious half the time or joking lol)

Comment

• misterdoggy
                Super Senior Member
                • May 2005

JJ

Usually its the processor that sends the digital signal to the sub as most Subs are self powered.

Integrated Amp would be something like a complete processor/amp built in like Denon and many big companies do an all in one

Comment

• jjahshik32
                  • Sep 2007

o ok so that means the current rotel integrated amp should be able to drive a sub.

Comment

• wgriel
                    • May 2006

Originally posted by jjahshik32
                    o ok so that means the current rotel integrated amp should be able to drive a sub.
                    Many active subs have L&R pass through connections and will work with any amp. I don't know how easy it is to "integrate" subs using that type of connection though.

Bill

Comment

• crowland
                      • May 2007

Originally posted by WI Rotel
                      The 1095 will drive your 805's spectacularly, as well as any other speaker you wish to hook up to it. For HT purposes it will also drive 5 of them without breaking a sweat. If you can find me an integrated amp :laughat: anywhere close to the price of the 1095 that can drive 5 speakers regardless of what they are anywhere close to the same fidelity as it I'll buy it for you :rofl: . If your doing only stereo a 1080 is however a better alternative for half the price. And again if you can find and integrated that will drive them better than the 1080 for the same price I'll buy it for you too!
                      Sorry for the late reply. Your statements are 100% for driving 5 speakers. I love mine!! My point was that if I only planned on 2 805's and a sub, then I would go w/ Macintosh (or something like it) integrated 2*100watt and never look back. A lot of people freak when they hear Mac(I do). It would be a 3k sollution vs. the $2000 for the 1095 + $2000 for the new 1069 = 4000. You'd actually save 1K and have much better sound.

But since dude thinks there might be 5 speakers in his future, the 1095 all the way!!

Comment

• misterdoggy
                        Super Senior Member
                        • May 2005

Originally posted by jjahshik32
                        No integrated amp and Av receivers are 2 different animals. Integrated amps can drive 2 or more speakers, and you could potentially drive a sub using left and right, but I think in your case you are thinking about an av receiver.

Something has to separate and send the digital signal to the Sub.

This happens with a receiver or a processor.

Comment

• wgriel
                          • May 2006

Originally posted by misterdoggy
                          Something has to separate and send the digital signal to the Sub.

This happens with a receiver or a processor.
                          For 2 channel setups without bass management, many subs are able to take the full range signal and use their built in crossover to pass the bass to the sub & the rest of the signal on to the mains.

I have a friend that is currently running a setup like that and it seems to work well, though it's probably trickier to get the sub integrated 'properly' that way.

Bill

Comment

• george_k
                            • Jan 2004

jjahshik32,

I'm in a similar situation (looking for a good integrated) that will work with my sub. My sub only accepts line-in inputs so I'm looking for an integrated that has a pre-out connection (red and white colored RCA terminals) to connect to the inputs on my sub.

Some subs only have a single input (mono input instead of left and right stereo inputs). If your sub is wired that way you can buy an RCA y-cable to connect with.

Comment

• jjahshik32
                              • Sep 2007

I think in the 2-3 years I'll be happy with the 805s as my main and want to add a sub later. Because I use the speakers in a relatively small room its more than enough. But I was curious about if 2 channel amps can do subs.. I guess right now I have a rotel integrated amp right now that does 2 channels and right now just my 805s are hooked up on channel 1 and was wondering if I can hook up the sub on channel 2 and would work?
                              I never hooked up or messed with a sub before and was wondering what type of connection it has running. And from ya'lls posts it seems that the subs use a L and R wires as well.

Comment

• nick.h
                                • Jan 2006

Its enough power, but I don't know about the quality.

Personally I would look for a higher quality amplifier.

Comment

Working...
                                Searching...Please wait.
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                Search Result for "|||"