X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amdan
    • Sep 2006

Need help with B&W 802N

A friend just dropped by and thought that the gadget behind the midrange driver should be removed. I have attached a picture of the back of my midrange unit. Can anybody tell me if it looks right or should something be removed. TIA.
    Attached Files
  • amdan
    • Sep 2006

The picture looks dark but if you click on it and view the enlarged version, it looks clear enough.

Comment

• Greg Gale
      • Nov 2006

Don't touch it as this screw holds the FST driver in place and is set at the proper torque from the factory.

Some people have recommended tightening this screw occassionally but if you go to B&W's web site under FAQ they do not recommend this screw is touched.
      Greg Gale

Main System:
      802 D2
      Classe CA2300
      Ayre K5XEMP
      Graham Slee Reflex M
      Esoteric X-05 SACD
      VPI Classic 3
      Dynavector X20x2
      Oppo BDP 95

Comment

• RebelMan
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Mar 2005

Greg is right, leave that tension screw alone! All of the Marlan headed speakers come from the factory with a locking bolt that does need to be removed when the speakers are installed. Your speaker already has that bolt removed. If you think your FST is loose or sounds distorted then you need to let the dealer handle the issue.
        "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• amdan
          • Sep 2006

Thanks guys! I shall leave it alone.

Comment

• Ted
            • May 2006

Just slowly put the screw driver down and back away!! :W Friends don't let friends play with tools on their speakers!! :bash:
            Ted

"I've gone to this high school for seven and a half years - I'm no dummy." - Better Off Dead opcorn:

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"