X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jjahshik32
    • Sep 2007

I'm thinking about exchanging the 705 for the 805s

Ok guys youve been very helpful here but now im considering exchanging my 705 for 805s. I want to make the exchange before its not possible to do so. Also in the long run i want the 805s for my main speakers and i hear that the bass is still prettu good for these little speakers and in the future i will use these as rears when i can afford the 804d in the later future. But my only problem is that the amp i bought a rotel av 985bx an age old 100x2 channel amp and i know that the 805s are power hungry but surely not as the 804? Will that amp be good enough for now? Please help!!
  • btf1980
    • Aug 2007

In just a few days, you've gone from 602's to now comtemplating 805s. You sure do upgrade fast. Keep at it, at this rate, by Monday you will have a pair of Nautilus.

Stick with the 705 for now. Upgrade when you have the appropriate funds to fund this hobby.
    A camera, passport, good music, good food and good company is all I need.

Comment

• Nov 2005

Originally posted by jjahshik32
      .......Also in the long run i want the 805s for my main speakers and i hear that the bass is still prettu good for these little speakers and in the future i will use these as rears when i can afford the 804d in the later future. But my only problem is that the amp i bought a rotel av 985bx an age old 100x2 channel amp and i know that the 805s are power hungry but surely not as the 804? Will that amp be good enough for now? Please help!!
      HI,
      Don't kid yourself. These are small speakers and have the bass of a small speaker. They need subs, period, if they are to be used as main speakers. With the right subs their performance is simply outstanding. Yes, I own the 805s's and I have dual subs on them.

Also, they have dynamic limitations also typical of small speakers. In a small room they do fine. Just don't expect them to compete with the B&W floorstanders in a large room. Won't happen.

Depending on your listening habits and the room 100W should be OK. For comparison I have 250W/channel of Krell power. The speakers love this amp.

They are wonderful speakers but don't buy into the bass thing. That's delusional.

Sparky

Comment

• jjahshik32
        • Sep 2007

Thanks guys I think I will get the 805 tomarrow LOL I'd hate to bother the sales rep for the 3rd time LOL but I will use these speakers in a small room and I hear that even for larger rooms these usualy are pretty good. I think in the future i will regret not getting the 805 especially when i upgrade to a real nice amp. So i will take this opportunity to get what i want lol. Another question is the nautilus 805 the N805? And 805s is signature? I heard 805s was better than the N805. Or am i wrong? Just want it clarified my b & w dealer only carry 805s

Comment

• Briz vegas
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by btf1980
          In just a few days, you've gone from 602's to now comtemplating 805s. You sure do upgrade fast. Keep at it, at this rate, by Monday you will have a pair of Nautilus.

Stick with the 705 for now. Upgrade when you have the appropriate funds to fund this hobby.
          Get with the program. He has Nautilus already, that was days ago. Its the only Nautilus in the world run on a Teac amp. Contrary to any claims by B&W it sounds fabulous. This is just his bathroom system. :W

It took me 20 years to go from Mordaunt Short MS-30 to B&W 804s, then a further 12 months to put together suitable electronics. Today everything is fast tracked.
          Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
          Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

• Briz vegas
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by jjahshik32
            Thanks guys I think I will get the 805 tomarrow LOL I'd hate to bother the sales rep for the 3rd time LOL but I will use these speakers in a small room and I hear that even for larger rooms these usualy are pretty good. I think in the future i will regret not getting the 805 especially when i upgrade to a real nice amp. So i will take this opportunity to get what i want lol. Another question is the nautalis 805 the N805? And 805s is signature? I heard 805s was better than the N805. Or am i wrong? Just want it clarified my b & w dealer only carry 805s

N805 is the older model
            Signature 805 came out a few years later with a range of improvements and a big price tag (but the best cabinet finishes by far)
            805s is the curren series, said to be technically better than the previous two.
            Nautilus are on a completely different level (top of the B&W range basically)

Every one of these models have owners that love them.
            Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
            Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

• jjahshik32
              • Sep 2007

wait so the 805s are nautilus? Or the older N805 is the nautilus thats better? And the 805s is not signature just i thought the s mwant signature sorry im verry new to the scene

Comment

• RebelMan
                Ultra Senior Member
                • Mar 2005

All 800 series speakers since 1998 are decendents of the original Nautilus. This includes the "Nautilus 805" the "Signature 805" and the "805S". The Signature 805 and 805S are not the same speaker. The 805S does carry over some Signature developments but the 805S is an improved model without the high gloss skins of the Signature.

The 805S are some of the best bookshelf speakers you can buy and will make a fine upgrade path for building your system. The new "800 Series" isn't going to change any time soon, so you'll have time to plan. The 700 Series is not so lucky.

I say go for it!
                "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• jjahshik32
                  • Sep 2007

thanks rebelman!!!!!!!!!!!! =D

Comment

• jjahshik32
                    • Sep 2007

I'm here right now getting them currently on my iphone via tmobile hehe

Comment

• george_k
                      • Jan 2004

The 700 Series is not so lucky.
                      Do you have a feeling they'll change the 700 lineup soon?

Comment

• wgriel
                        • May 2006

Originally posted by george_k
                        Do you have a feeling they'll change the 700 lineup soon?
                        Rumours are that the 700 series will be dropped.

Though, in all honesty, I can't see why that would affect a buying decision. If you like a speaker, it doesn't suddenly become awful if it's no longer current.

otoh, the 805 is a nice step up from the 705 :T

Comment

• jjahshik32
                          • Sep 2007

too late hehe I already got the 805s! =D very very pleased!! and i'm done in exchanging hehe

Comment

• ShadowZA
                            Super Senior Member
                            • Jan 2006

Congratulations on your new 805S's, jjahshik32. Superb choice! Enjoy ... and as Sparky pointed out in the other post ... take your time in deciding over amps & other components. True appreciation in this hobby comes with time and the nurturement of beautiful and detailed sound is memorized as we slowly change from one component to another of better quality. It is not only the new component that excites, but also the path travelled in getting there.

So, take your time & Enjoy :T

Comment

• jjahshik32
                              • Sep 2007

thanks shadow I'll keep that in mind about taking my time hehe

Comment

• beden1
                                Super Senior Member
                                • Oct 2006

Originally posted by ShadowZA
                                Congratulations on your new 805S's, jjahshik32. Superb choice! Enjoy ... and as Sparky pointed out in the other post ... take your time in deciding over amps & other components. True appreciation in this hobby comes with time and the nurturement of beautiful and detailed sound is memorized as we slowly change from one component to another of better quality. It is not only the new component that excites, but also the path travelled in getting there.

So, take your time & Enjoy :T
                                Exactly! Very well said.

Comment

Working...
                                Searching...Please wait.
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                Search Result for "|||"