any 602 s3 gurus out there think the receiver Denon AVR 1906 AVR-1906 is good?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jjahshik32
    • Sep 2007

any 602 s3 gurus out there think the receiver Denon AVR 1906 AVR-1906 is good?

I'm eyeing a Denon AVR 1906 AVR-1906 refurbished for 299 on ebay, do you think this receiver will go great with the 603 s3?? any gurus out there??
  • hifiguymi
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2007

Do you have the DM602S3 or the DM603S3? I sell both Denon and B&W and I would not try to run the DM603S3 with the AVR-1906. It will make them play but it will not sound that good. The DM602S3 is easier to run and would be a better match. I'd still look at a better receiver with the DM602S3's however.

Eric

Comment

• wgriel
      • May 2006

Originally posted by hifiguymi
      Do you have the DM602S3 or the DM603S3? I sell both Denon and B&W and I would not try to run the DM603S3 with the AVR-1906. It will make them play but it will not sound that good. The DM602S3 is easier to run and would be a better match. I'd still look at a better receiver with the DM602S3's however.

Eric
      I think I'd go along with this advice. While this isn't the same thing, I owned 603s for a long time, and I powered them with a Denon 2 channel receiver (DRA395). I upgraded that to a Rotel RX-1052 and I have to say that I thought it was a substantial improvement.

Now I'm running 703s and I guess it's time to upgrade the amplification again :E

Bill

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"