X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • christophe
    • Feb 2010

witch center speaker? / Sub needed

Hi,

I am looking for a center speaker that would match with my current setup, i currently posses 2 quadral korun mkIV highend speakers has fronts and 2 B&W DM601 S2 has rear. (this setup cause i had these has a stereo setup with an onkyo amp)
    Forced to downsize the stereo tower (wife ;x( ) i bought the 7.1 XVR-1065 from Yamaha so that i could have my amp., pre-amp and radio in 1 module and get home cinema at the same time.
    Because i can not listen to this setup at an hifi retailer i wonder what the best thing would be has center speaker should i keep the same sound in front and get a matching Quadral center (cause each brand has its own sound) or could i take a B&W center like the htm61 or lcr 600s3?
    I read a lot about subs but do you realy need one when you have 2 highend speakers in front? in the current setup the bass is has deep compared tot my stereo setup on my onkyo amp.

Thanks for your advise!
  • legion1capone
    • Oct 2008

For music if you have good enough front speakers you will be just fine without a sub. As far as movies go, i would definately get a sub.
    How big is your listening room?
    Do you have anything up for room treatments?

Comment

• christophe
      • Feb 2010

Originally posted by legion1capone
      For music if you have good enough front speakers you will be just fine without a sub. As far as movies go, i would definately get a sub.
      How big is your listening room?
      Do you have anything up for room treatments?
      The room is rather small about 3 x 4m that would be about 13 x 10 ft.
      what do you mean by room treatments?

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"