X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRV
    • Jun 2008

Only 1 chance to get it right

My wife has agreed to let me build a custom in-wall entertainment center as long as it "looks good." In short, she prefers form over function.

That said, my room is acoustically bright with tile floors and big dimensions 21'L x 19'W x 15'Tall. I'm down to my final selection on speakers and am interest in B&W in the following configurations-

1. HTM62 center, 685 fronts, and ASW610 sub, or
    2. HTM62 for LCR and ASW610 sub, or
    3. I am also considering HTM61 for LCR and ASW610 sub, but I think my wife may be overwhelmed.
    -My rear speakers are existing in-wall units.

I prefer choices 1 or 2 if it will fill my room with sound. I will be using this system for both home theater AND 2 channel music audio. What do you think?

Any and all comments are appreciated.

The attached PDF is a concept drawing for my cabinet maker and may help with your input. Should I consider different speaker locations? My viewing distance is 12'-14'.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by TRV; 25 June 2008, 14:25 Wednesday.
  • audioqueso
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

Option 1
    What are your existing in-wall speakers?
    B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• hifiguymi
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2007

If the system is going to be used for TV and movies most of the time I'd get option 2 or 3. If you listen to a lot of two channel music then option 1.

Eric

Comment

• SoundEngine355
        • Feb 2008

Originally posted by TRV
        My wife has agreed to let me build a custom in-wall entertainment center as long as it "looks good." In short, she prefers form over function.

That said, my room is acoustically bright with tile floors and big dimensions 21'L x 19'W x 15'Tall. I'm down to my final selection on speakers and am interest in B&W in the following configurations-

1. HTM62 center, 685 fronts, and ASW610 sub, or
        2. HTM62 for LCR and ASW610 sub, or
        3. I am also considering HTM61 for LCR and ASW610 sub, but I think my wife may be overwhelmed.
        -My rear speakers are existing in-wall units.

I prefer choices 1 or 2 if it will fill my room with sound. I will be using this system for both home theater AND 2 channel music audio. What do you think?

Any and all comments are appreciated.

The attached PDF is a concept drawing for my cabinet maker and may help with your input. Should I consider different speaker locations? My viewing distance is 12'-14'.

Hi,

I use the 685/HTM62 combo with rear in-wall speakers. Very good.
        SoundEngine355

-------------------
        [Music] B&W 800D | Classe CDP202 +M400s | Velodyne DD15

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"