X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hifiguymi
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2007

Looks like Aldo purchased at the right time

I just received a dealer letter from B&W that, after 10 years at the same price, the Nautilus is having a price increase. The new retail is...wait or it....wait for it...$60,000.00 a pair US :E :E That is a $20,000.00 increase!!! Just thought you'd like to know.

Eric
  • Aldo
    • Sep 2005

My dealer call me shocked, He told me that in the UK the new list price is 22,000 pounds each!
    He also let me know these:
    You can order them in any colour as the Porsche (same paint), if you need any special colour, just ask.
    The aluminium they use for the chassis is a very special one.
    The shell is made by Receprep a known company in the Formula One.
    It takes nine days to make one shell.
    Except for the internal spiral and the fixing bolt averything in the Nautilus is hand made.
    They use a special silver grade for the wiring.
    They made about 300 speakers or in 14 years, and global sales have been increasing.
    These just speaking about the cabinet.
    I'm very happy with them not only for their look but for the absolutely amazing sound!
    Last edited by Aldo; 07 July 2007, 22:18 Saturday.

Comment

• LikeCoiledSteel
      • May 2004

Originally posted by hifiguymi
      I just received a dealer letter from B&W that, after 10 years at the same price, the Nautilus is having a price increase. The new retail is...wait or it....wait for it...$60,000.00 a pair US :E :E That is a $20,000.00 increase!!! Just thought you'd like to know.

Eric
      It must be the higher cost of gas and electricity :B
      Steel

Comment

• Briz vegas
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2005

Eric
        Yeah, but after 10 years at the same price for a hand made (in the UK) speaker. Between 1995 and 2005 real wages in the manufacturing industry in the UK increased 25% for men and 50% for women (approx - I just googled that). Then you have to add inflation on top of that and any increase in materials cost (above inflation) as well.

You also have to take into account R&D. Although they have not improved the nautilus to my knowledge I am sure that they have been looking at ways of doing so. 50% over 10 years ($40k to $60k) is not that big a deal in my book. Whether it was overpriced to begin with may be another question,but the high end is a boutique industry
        Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
        Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

• Briz vegas
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2005

50% for women - well there you go! Obviously the nautilus is beautifully put together by a dedicated team of highly skilled female technicians - dream about that one Race Car Driver !!!!
          Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
          Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

• Lewing
            • Oct 2004

Even though the Nautilus probably sounded incredible, i've never even dream about having a pair of these, not to mention after the price increase.
            50% price increase.. may be B&W should consider adding the diamond tweeter in it too. But, between the diamond tweeter and the tweeter that the Nautilus uses, which 1 is the better 1?
            Live to Eat, Live to enjoy Music :T

http://community.webshots.com/user/lewing79

Comment

• Jeff
              • Dec 2004

Well, 50% isn't a huge surprise. The 802 also increased 50% didn't it? From 8 to 12 k? I would say good for Aldo! Now his grin can be a little larger during his listening cessions. :B

Jeff

Comment

• Ted
                • May 2006

Man, just when I'm ready to buy a pair, they up the price!! :W I'm running out of kidneys to sell....
                Ted

"I've gone to this high school for seven and a half years - I'm no dummy." - Better Off Dead opcorn:

Comment

• NMG
                  • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Lewing
                  Even though the Nautilus probably sounded incredible, i've never even dream about having a pair of these
                  I've heard them, they are incredible, I dream about having a pair, however, know that I never will . . . LOL :B

Comment

• Russ L
                    • Jul 2006

Eric
                    Oh no I was going to place an order this week :M Guess I'll have to get by with CM7s. :W (We didn't appreciate what a bargain they were at $40,000/pr.) -Russ
                    Russ

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Oct 2003

Aldo,

Your'e just such a shrewd investor.... They have already appreciated...

So what are you going to buy when you upgrade?

Geoff

Comment

• Aldo
                        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Aussie Geoff
                        Aldo,

Your'e just such a shrewd investor.... They have already appreciated...

So what are you going to buy when you upgrade?

Geoff
                        For now I will get 4 Classe CM-400 for the bass and mids and keep 2 CA2200 for the highs. :B

Comment

• Nolan B
                          Super Senior Member
                          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Aldo
                          You can order them in any colour as the Porsche (same paint), if you need any special colour, just ask.
                          That is COOL!. My Kitchen Cabinets are all done in Lapis Blue Porsche car paint and since its a loft you can see my kitchen from my HT area....mmmm.

I could never buy speakers at that price. Maybe they will offer this as a option for other series? Man if they only offered that option for the frames of FPMs I would be all set.

Comment

• Race Car Driver
                            Super Senior Member
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Briz vegas
                            50% for women - well there you go! Obviously the nautilus is beautifully put together by a dedicated team of highly skilled female technicians - dream about that one Race Car Driver !!!!
                            I already have.... I already have.... :Z

B&W

Comment

Working...
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"