X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yhuk2002
    • Jun 2007

Subwoofer for B&W Matrix

Hello,

I recently purchased some used B&W Matrix 800 series bookshelf speakers and a NAD 372 integrated amplifier. The clarity of the speakers is remarkable-- as are the highs. I've been a little disappointed with the lack of bass, though, and want to add a subwoofer to provide a bit of depth. Any recommendations in the $500 range?

I'm new to the audiophile community and mostly a novice, so I apologize for the simplistic nature of my request. Thanks much,

H
  • Boone38
    • Dec 2004

I have had B & W speakers for years. Used to sell them over 20+ years ago while working my way into and through college. I have used the B & W subwoofers, Velodyne, M & K and to my hears the velodyne is the best.

I currently have two pairs of 805s and 2 Velodynes ( one spl1200 and one HGX12)

The sound is awsome. I would highly reccomend one. I have over the years have had over 15 different B & W models.

If intrested in one of my subs let me know.

Comment

• ac81017
      • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Boone38
      I have had B & W speakers for years. Used to sell them over 20+ years ago while working my way into and through college. I have used the B & W subwoofers, Velodyne, M & K and to my hears the velodyne is the best.

I currently have two pairs of 805s and 2 Velodynes ( one spl1200 and one HGX12)

The sound is awsome. I would highly reccomend one. I have over the years have had over 15 different B & W models.

If intrested in one of my subs let me know.
      Hi, I´ve been looking at the 805s and 703s, the 805s sounded very nice and clear, better than than any other stand mount speaker I´ve ever heard, but I still think they sound a little box like with out a sub, where as the 703 has almost everything I want, my question is, what do the 805s sound like with a sub?? I know for example when I play my 602s3 with out my asw750, they boom alot and they don´t sound that good, but when my asw750 is on and I take away the bass from my 602s3, the sound is amazing! I can only guess that the 805s would sound alot better than my 602s3! :T

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"