X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ac81017
    • Aug 2006

602s3´s need bigger effect amp!!

I have the following, B&W 602s3´s front and back, lcr60 centre, asw750! Now for the hard part, I love my Sony QS system so I won´t part with that!!, BUT!, My sony amp has pre-outs in 5.1 and 6.1, what effect amp or amps should I use just to give my speakers that extra push??? I was thinking of Rotel or NAD?? Can anyone help?? :W
  • JudyLou
    • Apr 2006

Originally posted by ac81017
    I have the following, B&W 602s3´s front and back, lcr60 centre, asw750! Now for the hard part, I love my Sony QS system so I won´t part with that!!, BUT!, My sony amp has pre-outs in 5.1 and 6.1, what effect amp or amps should I use just to give my speakers that extra push??? I was thinking of Rotel or NAD?? Can anyone help?? :W
    Rotel - If you can, go for bi-amping your mains and centre - the 602's will love you for that.
    I find that most B&W loudspeaker just love good clean power - the just become more open and alive!

Comment

• mike c
      • Dec 2005

I am of the opinion that ANY external amp will sound better than the internal amps of a receiver. (especially if the speaker is not so efficient)

go Rotel.

(I have to qualify my receiver statement ... since I have not had a high end receiver, I can only speak for mid to low entry receivers)
      Last edited by mike c; 20 August 2006, 12:18 Sunday.

Comment

• classicman
        • Jul 2006

i agree that you should go for a Rotel ......we have the same fronts & center & i just got a Rotel RMB-1075 connected to my Yamaha HTR-5860 as power amp.-pre/pro combo, & it indeed made my 602s3 & lcr60s3 sing :E ......am now experiencing a totally new satisfaction in HT viewing just by adding the Rotel power amp. to my modest set-up...... 8)
        Last edited by classicman; 21 August 2006, 05:57 Monday.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"