X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ac81017
    • Aug 2006

B&W 602s3´s and ASW750 R.I.P

Due to very heavey rain and flooding here in the Gothenburg area of Sweden. My basement has been flooded killing both ASW750 and 2 pairs of 602s3, lcr 60 and the whole of my Sony system! The Sony system is nothing special, but my speakers :gah:

I had 1.6m of water in my basement!

I´m not that rich, hence the 602s3 and not 805s! The insurence companies are a joke here in Sweden, so I´m not counting on much! guess it´ll take some time to rebuild! :cry:
  • RobP
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

Wow, Ac I am sorry to hear about that, I hope the insurance comes through for you. Best of luck.
    Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• Grasynoll
      • Mar 2006

When something like this happens you find out how much insurance you DON'T have.

Comment

• Ted
        • May 2006

That's terrible!

Good luck, I hope something works out for you!!

Ted
        Ted

"I've gone to this high school for seven and a half years - I'm no dummy." - Better Off Dead opcorn:

Comment

• Briz vegas
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2005

Rain......floods.......so what do they look like then? Our cities dams are less than 25% full so you will have to forgive my comment.

Loss of your HT is bad so I hope your insurance does come through for you (I keep upgrading mine each time something new arrives). Maybe it is an opportunity to experiment with your replacement system - I hear that the 600 series love tubes for example.
          Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
          Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

• dknightd
            • Mar 2006

Sorry to hear that. If you get them out of the water quickly, and let them dry, they may still be OK.

Comment

• pramod
              • Dec 2005

Oh Man,

Thats really bad, I hope that you get your money from Insurance and you ge4t better system than this..

Good Luck.

Comment

• ac81017
                • Aug 2006

Originally posted by dknightd
                Sorry to hear that. If you get them out of the water quickly, and let them dry, they may still be OK.
                I was at work when my basement flooded, and the speakers had been underwater for at least 5 hours, all the speakers have soaked up water and have started to deform badly. Insurence guy is coming tomorrow, so I guess I see what happens then.

Insuernce people are so smart these days, they have an excuse for everything. I´m sure he will say something like, flooding is a natural course so insurence won´t cover or something like that!

I really don´t know what to do! Move house would be the best, the winter has just arrived so the same thing could happen again!

My wife feels sorry for me and I´ve been very depressed these last few days. :sh:

She said that I could buy something better next time!!

Comment

• dknightd
                  • Mar 2006

Originally posted by ac81017

She said that I could buy something better next time!!
                  A silver lining

Comment

• ArtyG
                    • Nov 2006

I recently had a flood in my basement caused by a rainstorm (in the Spring of 2006) coupled with the fact that my sump pump malfunctioned and did not pump water out of the sump. Over night the water rose and the high water alarm did not go off. The long and short of it is that typical home owners insurance (Sans Flood Insurance Rider - sometimes optional and usually very EXPENSIVE) does not cover rising water damage due to storms etc.

However, I did learn that if a water pipe in the house were to have broken OR a roof leak were to have occured, then flooding due to those issues would have been covered. The insurance adjuster did not even try to meet my half way in my particular situation. I will be switching insurance companies when the home insurance is due to be renewed.

Sadly, this is one of those live and learn situations. For those of you with home theater setups in a cellar, you may want to discuss this with your insurance agent BEFORE you ever need to use your insurance. Keep all receipts. Take photos of the room or cellar before a flood to have on record. Create an inventory of items.

To say I was miffed would be an understatement for sure. I get angry just thinking about it.

Comment

• P1et
                      • Jan 2006

Sorry to hear what happened! Do you have any pictures of the damage caused?

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"