X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ac81017
    • Aug 2006

Are you a B&W asw750 owner??

If so, please, please tell me what it´s like? There´s only one shop in town that have b&w, the demo rooms was a real joke, the rooms have so much echoooo, I demoed everything from the asw300 which I´ve just sold, 600, 650, 675, 750, 825. The only thing I got from them all was, ba booooooooooom

So, I took a dive into my pocket and found that I only had enough for a asw750, so, i´ve ordered one, should get it in a week or two!! I trust b&w, so I can only guess it´s going to be an improvement from my old asw300!

I´m going to run it with 602s3´s front and back, plus lcr60 center!

I hope I will be happy with the asw750?? :W
    Last edited by ac81017; 20 August 2006, 04:25 Sunday.
  • JohnAng
    • Sep 2005

i use one and am happy with it for music listenig. For HT however i find it does lack, thats why i am looking at either replacing it or adding a second one.

Comment

• ac81017
      • Aug 2006

Originally posted by JohnAng
      i use one and am happy with it for music listenig. For HT however i find it does lack, thats why i am looking at either replacing it or adding a second one.

Hmmmm, I´m finding it to believe that it lacks for HT? I mean, 1000watts that goes down to 15hz, how can one go wrong?? :E

Comment

• JohnAng
        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by ac81017
        Hmmmm, I´m finding it to believe that it lacks for HT? I mean, 1000watts that goes down to 15hz, how can one go wrong?? :E

its actualy -6dB at 15Hz so you do miss out on a fair bit.
        Owning one i would love to say it is a great sub that can do it all, but in all honesty, i think there are better options for the money.

Comment

• dknightd
          • Mar 2006

i use one and am happy with it for music listenig.
          I'm toying with the idea of getting one of these to augment the bass is my 703. Will only be used for music. First off I'm not sure if I really need it, but 703 seems to lack a little low end thump with some music - maybe.

I'm curious how you have yours wired up.

Comment

• ac81017
            • Aug 2006

its actualy -6dB at 15Hz so you do miss out on a fair bit.
            Owning one i would love to say it is a great sub that can do it all, but in all honesty, i think there are better options for the money.

Hmmmmm, I see your point now that I´ve read the specs with more detail!! :T

Comment

• B&W 700 Guy
              • Jun 2006

Bought mine for $1,200.00 usd. I like it for the price; my wife likes the way it looks. It is a true subwoofer (every two weeks I am retightening things in the house because they are backing themselves out). My room is 15x25ft, and I use 12x12ft for my system. Sounds great with my 703's for Stereo and HT as well. Maybe because I have a smaller room I have a different take.

Comment

• JohnAng
                • Sep 2005

Originally posted by dknightd
                I'm toying with the idea of getting one of these to augment the bass is my 703. Will only be used for music. First off I'm not sure if I really need it, but 703 seems to lack a little low end thump with some music - maybe.

I'm curious how you have yours wired up.

For music it is great, i have it with my 703's also and it works a threat.
                What i have done is use a behringer x-over to HP the 703 and LP the sub, x-over point is 45Hz, i also have a behringer feedback destroyer in circuit to eq the sub.

Comment

• JohnAng
                  • Sep 2005

Originally posted by B&W 700 Guy
                  Bought mine for $1,200.00 usd. I like it for the price; my wife likes the way it looks. It is a true subwoofer (every two weeks I am retightening things in the house because they are backing themselves out). My room is 15x25ft, and I use 12x12ft for my system. Sounds great with my 703's for Stereo and HT as well. Maybe because I have a smaller room I have a different take.
                  i wish it was that cheap here in Aus, our price is $3500

Comment

• lvhung
                    • Jun 2005

you intend to run ASW 750 dor DM 602
                    Forget ASW 750and get a pair of 704 which is quite enough bass

Comment

• ac81017
                      • Aug 2006

Originally posted by lvhung
                      you intend to run ASW 750 dor DM 602
                      Forget ASW 750and get a pair of 704 which is quite enough bass
                      I need some real bass power, so I need a sub of some kind. I´m planning on upgrading my front speaker to 805s, so an asw750 would be perfect i hope!!
                      I did try the 700 series, but I found them lacking compared to the 805s. The 704´s are great speaker, but I could do with out bass in my front and use a sub instead to give that extra touch.

Comment

• dknightd
                        • Mar 2006

It looks like an external crossover maybe the best way to go with the 750 and 703.

From reading the 750 manual I see the low pass frequency can be varied, but it is not clear if the high pass frequency changes with it, or if it is fixed. Does anybody know?

Anybody know of a reliable frequency response graph of the 703? B&w says -3db at 38hz, I'm gussing they actually start falling off somewhere around 50-60hz. Maybe I can just leave the 703 full range, and bring in the sub below about 50?

Comment

• JohnAng
                          • Sep 2005

the 750 has a fixed 80Hz HP filter
                          i use the behringer super x pro x-over to setit all up
                          i have it set at 50Hz HP LP and works a treat, also has level controls to blend the sub in with your mains.
                          Remember to flick the in out switch on the 750 to out to bypass its internal x-over

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"