Bel Canto Ref 1000 Monoblocks for 803Ds?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dami0n
    • Jan 2006

Bel Canto Ref 1000 Monoblocks for 803Ds?

I am considering purchasing these amplifiers for my 803Ds. Are they a good match for these speakers?
    How good are they in comparison to the likes of Classe, Bryston or McIntosh?
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

Hi,

My personal opinion is:

They are an excellent amp and more than capable of seriosuly getting the best out of the 803Ds To need better you'd need very good source equipment, cables and room accoustics... The Classe Gear (to my ears) is better gain (but at a price to match)... Bryston and McInsoh its down to personal taste.... At this level you need to like the combination.. THe Bel Cantos are very details, and have amaxing bass and midrnage - helps to tame the slight boxness of the 803D (compared to the 802D and800D)...

Enjoy

Geoff

Comment

• dami0n
      • Jan 2006

Thanks. I'm using Resolution Audio Opus 21 Cd player, Stereovox BAL600 Interconnects, Nordost Red Dawn Speaker Cable. The Bel Canto REF1000s will be replacing Arcam FMJ P1 amplifiers. Do you think this would be a significant upgrade?

Comment

• hd99yr
        • Apr 2007

I've looked into these as amperage is the final piece to my puzzle. I love them but in reading the owners manual and other sources I get the idea the manufacturer wants them powered 24/7. I can't see leaving something like that on all the time. Am I wrong? Other than that I think Highly of them.
        " Just when I thought I was out, THEY PULL ME BACK IN "

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2006

I leave mine on all the time except on weekends when we are away.

Kal
          Kal Rubinson

Comment

• GregLett
            • May 2005

Originally posted by dami0n
            I am considering purchasing these amplifiers for my 803Ds. Are they a good match for these speakers?
            How good are they in comparison to the likes of Classe, Bryston or McIntosh?
            I heard them for the first time at the Home Entertainment Show this year... very
            impressive. The had no problem driving some very good speakers.
            Joseph audio and Dynaudio to name a few. Go for it!
            Greg

Comment

• kurtholz
              • Feb 2005

The bel Canto would be a great choice, i was torn on doing away with my Bel canto amp, but use there Dac which replaced a Benchmark, i think all there products are top tier, i also use an Arcam as a transport, which though a little buggy, is a great value, i wasn't as impressed with a demo of one of there amps a few years ago, the Bel Canto are a great bang for buck in my opinion,

good luck

Kurt

Comment

• dami0n
                • Jan 2006

Just got them in my system today.So far very impressed with them. Much more detailed than my Arcams, better transients and generally much smoother. Can't wait until they're properly broken in. Going through my whole cd collection yet again.

Comment

• GregLett
                  • May 2005

Congrats!! Now for their CD player dac combo :angel:
                  Greg

Comment

• LikeCoiledSteel
                    • May 2004

Originally posted by kurtholz
                    The bel Canto would be a great choice, i was torn on doing away with my Bel canto amp, but use there Dac which replaced a Benchmark, i think all there products are top tier, i also use an Arcam as a transport, which though a little buggy, is a great value, i wasn't as impressed with a demo of one of there amps a few years ago, the Bel Canto are a great bang for buck in my opinion,

good luck

Kurt
                    Kust,
                    Which BC Dac do you use? I have the 1.1.
                    Steel

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"