X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Amarkus1
    • Jun 2005

Pulled the trigger on MC501's for 802D's

Well after awhile of indecisiveness I finally placed my order. It came down to MC501's or CA-M400's. Next week my 802D's will be singing a new song. I am upgrading from a Krell KAV-2250 and my pre\pro is a Krell HTS 7.1. Now I hope this is a worthy upgrade? Despite not being able to demo the 501's in house I think I will be very happy with my decision. Although I must adnmit sometimes a little voice is trying to say I should of gone the Classe route. Well I hope that voice is wrong.
  • ShadowZA
    Super Senior Member
    • Jan 2006

Excellent!

Please tell us your thoughts once you've had some time to get used to your new amp and the differences between it and the Kav-2250.

Enjoy :T

Comment

• dmccombs
      • Sep 2006

Amarkus,

All amps sound the same. You won't hear any change at all. :lol:

Actually, like Sahdow, I am curious to hear your thoughts about the upgrade once you get everything tuned in. I have the Kav-250a amps which are very similar to your Kav-2250.

Regards,
      Darrell

Comment

• Amarkus1
        • Jun 2005

Will do. I should recieve them sometime next week.

Comment

• sikoniko
          Super Senior Member
          • Aug 2003

Originally posted by dmccombs
          Amarkus,

All amps sound the same. You won't hear any change at all. :lol:
          Regards,
          Darrell

I suppose everyone is different, but I completely disagree with this.

I a/b/c'd nuforce ref9, BAT VK250 and Classe ca-3200. the ref9 was not even in the same league.

the other two were quite good, but had completely different characteristics. The BAT was darker, but lacked in bass. The classe was more natural, had good bass, and I could use the CANBUS features along with my ssp600.

overall, they were quite different, but would come down to personal taste which was better.
          I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• jack d
            • Sep 2006

I've got the same set up and I think you will love the combination. Make sure to try your 501s on the 8 ohm and 4 ohm taps. To me there is no comparison: 4 ohm is way better.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"