X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beden1
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2006

Pictures of my set-up as promised

Hopefully this works. Double click on the first picture to enlarge, then click arrows to proceed.

Current set-up: Pioneer Elite VSX-82TXS (7 x 130 watts receiver); Classe CAV-150 (6 x 150 watts amp using 3 channel bi-amp for L/C/R); Sony DVP-S9000ES DVD/SACD/CD player; Sony KDL-46XBR3 flat panel TV; B&W 803D fronts; B&W 703 rears; B&W HTM1 center channel; Velodyne SC-1250 amplifier powering two SC-15" subs; Transparent speaker cables for bi-amping; Blue Jean component cables; Sound Care Super Spikes for Speakers; Furman - Elite 15 PF Power Conditioner for amps; and Richard Gray RGPC 600S
  • gostan
    • May 2003

Nice looking set-up!

Have you given any thought to adding a stand to the HTM1 center channel and getting it up higher and more in line with the 803D's?

I found that my entire front end sounded better with the center channel raised higher on the outrageously expensive B&W center channel stand. And I only have N803's and your 803D's are about 7 or 8 inches higher than my N803's.
    Stan

Comment

• beden1
      Super Senior Member
      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by gostan
      Nice looking set-up!

Have you given any thought to adding a stand to the HTM1 center channel and getting it up higher and more in line with the 803D's?
      Thanks

I need to get a custom entertainment center designed and built. My wife saw this setup along with the speaker on the floor and she wasn't too happy, if you know what I mean!

I played with the angle of the speaker quite a bit, and right now it seems to be blending very well. When sitting center on the couch (optimum position), you can't localize the three fronts (exceptions for stereo signals).

I recently added the 803Ds and brought down my HTM1 center. Before, I had the 703s and the HTM7 as the center, and it was sitting on the middle shelf where the Pioneer Elite receiver is now. Since we are sitting relatively close, the HTM7's voice stood out like a sore thumb. I'm really not sure where the optimum center channel speaker location should be for the seating positions. It's something I'll have to play with and would welcome any suggestions.

Maybe if I get the HTM2D later, it won't be as much of an issue.
      Last edited by beden1; 30 April 2007, 21:49 Monday.

Comment

• Alaric
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Jan 2006

That looks very nice. You may want to hasten your acquisition of a purpose built rack , as that top shelf looks ready to screw up the resale value of your amp!
        I love the wood color of your current furniture. That reddish , glossy wood look is my favorite. It is what I was hoping for when I ordered my speakers in "American Cherry" and got beige!
        Reminds me of a joke-What's the difference between a hooker , a girlfriend , and a wife? A hooker asks "Are you done yet?" A girlfriend asks " Are you done already?" and a wife says "Beige , I think we'll paint the ceiling beige."! 8O
        Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
        Marantz PM-KI Pearl
        Schiit Modi 3
        Marantz CD5005
        Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• beden1
          Super Senior Member
          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Alaric
          That looks very nice. You may want to hasten your acquisition of a purpose built rack , as that top shelf looks ready to screw up the resale value of your amp!
          I love the wood color of your current furniture. That reddish , glossy wood look is my favorite. It is what I was hoping for when I ordered my speakers in "American Cherry" and got beige!
          Thanks

That shelf started bowing with the HTM7 placed on the center. I think/hope it's secure as I've worked on it.

I love that piece of furniture too. It's English Yew. I hope Yew are not correct, and it continues to hold up as an equipment rack for a while longer.

Comment

• Joey_V
            • Jul 2005

Nice system Beded!!! I especially like the dual sub setup, shows me that you're real serious about your HT. Of course, the 803Ds are king!
            Analog: VPI Scoutmaster w/ Steel Delrin clamp + Dynavector 20XH cart
            Digital: SB3 + PS Audio Digital Link III DAC
            System: Cary Audio SLP-98P Tube Preamplifier w/ Sylvanias -> Plinius SA102 Class A amplifier -> Martin Logan SUMMITS/Strata Minis -> 8O (me)

Comment

• beden1
              Super Senior Member
              • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Joey_V
              Nice system Beded!!! I especially like the dual sub setup, shows me that you're real serious about your HT. Of course, the 803Ds are king!
              The dual subs are great for music too! I now have them dialed in well and they are awesome. I just sold my DD-12s in my other setup and ordered dual Velodyne SC15s for there as well. Very tight

Comment

• Birdy
                • Mar 2006

Nice set-up! :T

Is it an illusion or your left 803 seems more toed-in than the right? :roll:

Birdy

Comment

• PewterTA
                  • Nov 2004

Looks great! I only see one flaw in the setup...

"Blue Jean component cables"

I had those for ALL of my components, but have none now, go get yourself some Cat Cables!!! Silvercats are the way to go! You don't have to thank me...just enjoy the amazing difference.
                  Digital Audio makes me Happy.
                  -Dan

Comment

• beden1
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Birdy
                    Nice set-up! :T

Is it an illusion or your left 803 seems more toed-in than the right? :roll:

Birdy
                    I saw that too and measured them again - (being anal is a sickness I'm told, and one that I share). I guess it's an illusion as they look straight visually (by the naked eye) and they measure evenly?

I toed it in a bit more just in case the wall is off from where I measured. Thanks!

Comment

• beden1
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by PewterTA
                      Looks great! I only see one flaw in the setup...

"Blue Jean component cables"

I had those for ALL of my components, but have none now, go get yourself some Cat Cables!!! Silvercats are the way to go! You don't have to thank me...just enjoy the amazing difference.
                      I started using Blue Jean Cables on my other system over a year ago with good results. I used them for this setup as well, because they had the perfect Y adaptor with an extra length that I needed to bi-amp the Classe CAV-150.

I read quite a bit about cables and am starting to agree with the "vaporware" advocates. Blue Jean Cables spec to have the proper shielding, but, I would be happy to demo Cat Cables if you would like to send me what I need.

Comment

• nicky
                        • Jan 2007

Good for you beden1. Blue Jean along with many other companies out there make very good quality cables that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. They might look plain and not look as pretty, but they are just as solid. Just listen to your ears and make decisions on your own.

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"