X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • parrys
    • Apr 2007

B&W M1 and PV1 setup..reviews?

Guys, I am looking at some reviews from you experts. Just wondering if I make 5.1 package of M1's and PV1. Is that a good enough option?

How do M1's sound? are they good enough for a HT setup?
  • Alex999
    • Jun 2006

I had a chance to listen to them. I think they are pretty amazing for their size. Here is a review from the net.

link

Comment

• audioqueso
      Super Senior Member
      • Nov 2004

I have a pair of M1s that I use for rear surrounds. They're pretty nice. My fronts are 805s. I haven't listened to the M1's much as main speakers. In comparison to the 805s, the M1 have a lot smaller soundstage. They are of course not as smooth, and do sound a bit muffled compared to the 805s. This is of course all compared to the 805. However, for the size, it really is a very nice speaker. I look at it, and for the size, I am amazed how big they can really sound. I think the whole 5.1 package would be nice, but not in a big room. Maybe a medium or small room.
      B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• EdAdams3
        • Apr 2007

I also use the M1 as a surround speaker and as mentioned previously they do sound good for a small speaker. My mains are 703's & a HTM7 that I am wanting to replace with a HTM3s. The HTM7 just doesn't match well with the 703's. The M1's are running with the rest of my speakers on a new Sunfire TGA 5400 and they appear to hold up well with that kind of power.
        Rotel, Sunfire, B&W, Velodyne

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"