X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • newbiemex
    • Feb 2007

DM601 S3 box (package) size?

Hello, I have my eyes set on a pair of 601 S3 which I can only buy in the US. Taking advantage of a trip I plan to bring them back to Mexico by plane if possible. I don't want to get my hopes up because if the package size of the speakers is too big I won't be able to bring them properly secured, and considering I would be over 2,000 miles away from the dealer, I have to keep them safe.

So can anyone who has a 601 S3 box laying around tell me its dimensions? I will be taking two large (very large if necessary) suitcases so I would likely put one box in each suitcase, and then with the clothes and other stuff give an extra protection to the boxes. I guess the only dimension I could have problem with is the wide.

Thanks in advance.
  • PewterTA
    • Nov 2004

You would definitely need to very large suitcases, if that would even do it.

I know it's a very awkward box to try to carry onehanded. You need two hands to carry each box.

Basically, B&W uses about 1 1/2" - 2" of foam/spacing for the boxes around the speaker, so that should give you an idea on the dimension of each box (since it's a speaker per box).
    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
    -Dan

Comment

• newbiemex
      • Feb 2007

Thanks man. I will borrow a couple morbidly big suitcases from my girlfriend, so I hope I can accomodate the box if it's up to 14 inches wide.

BTW, I'm a Steelers fan too. I was in the Burgh in 2005 (vs. Patriots) we lost 23-20 but it was great, I'll try to make it to a Bengals or Ravens game this year.

Comment

• chronic333
        • Mar 2007

I am not too sure about the size of the box but both speakers come packaged in just one box...

Just checked the specs

24x21x12

Comment

• Clepto
          • Feb 2006

I doubt you'll be able to manage getting them through as carry on, and I wouldn't risk checking them...

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"