805s front and htm3s center.whats the rear?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • taoyeah
    • Dec 2006

805s front and htm3s center.whats the rear?

i have 805s as my front and htm3s center ,which 1 is better for the rear?an other pair 805S or scm1 or scms? i used 50/50 music and HT
  • Tommy
    • Dec 2006

I would go for 805s. But why not spend a bit more and get the 804s and move your 805s to the rear?
    Do you feel your htm3s overpowering the 805s? htm3s is supposed to go with the 804s or 803s right?

Comment

• taoyeah
      • Dec 2006

oh i made a mistake,it is htm4s.i bought it in ebay.how much it cost for a new htm4s?and htm4s better or htm2?

Comment

• Blindamood
        • Sep 2003

The HTM4S is essentially a newer/better version of the HTM2. I believe the US retail price is $1300 for the HTM4S. If you do a quick search, you will find previous threads discussion rears for this setup. I was in the same situation as you, and ended up getting the SCMS, which I absolutely love.
        Brad

Comment

• Tommy
          • Dec 2006

Well, htm4s is basically a 805s on its side. So by going with 805s at the rear, you have yourself 5 identical speakers, which is the best setup for surround sound.

Comment

• taoyeah
            • Dec 2006

so i should go with 4 805S and htm4s for best surround sound .good for music and movie?

Comment

• Tommy
              • Dec 2006

Do you have a sub to go with the setup? 805s are not full range speakers so you may find them lacking lower end. For best HT experiencee, a sub is almost always recommended.
              In terms of musicality of the speakers, you won't be disappointed.

Comment

• taoyeah
                • Dec 2006

thanks for helping.i got atlantic technology 642e sub.plu 2 atlantic technology 4200e SR.but i planned to upgrade it to an other pair of 805S later as you said.thanks for help.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"