X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KEF
    • Aug 2004

Question on 802D - as packed/shipped

Yesterday I placed my down payment for a new set of 802Ds - my question is, would any of you know the dimensions of the box they are shipped in?

I am going to have to borrow a vehicle to get these things to my house, and I am trying to figure out just how large a vehicle I am going to need to get!

Appreciate any help.

Cheers,
    Keith
  • Angioguy
    • Nov 2005

Get a truck... my 802D's came to me in a van. The speakers weigh about 178 lbs each, and that's without the packing-- which, I must say, is well planned out by B&W! :T
    B&W 802D, HTMS-4; Velodyne DD-12, Arcam AVR-300, McIntosh MC-402, Musical Fidelity KW-SACD, Pioneer Elite

"... these go to eleven."

Comment

• KEF
      • Aug 2004

Yes, I know they are going to be big - I am just trying to figure out if they would fit in the back of a large SUV, like a GMC envoy...

Cheers,
      Keith

Comment

• EDK
        • May 2005

I would suggest a truck. You DO NOT want to lay them down on thier sides. I don't know of any SUV that has the head room to let them stand up.
        Hope this helps
        Ed

Comment

• KEF
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by EDK
          I would suggest a truck. You DO NOT want to lay them down on thier sides. I don't know of any SUV that has the head room to let them stand up.
          Hope this helps
          Ed
          Standing up, eh? Perhaps it would just be simpler to rent a van for a day...

I think it would scare me a bit to much to have these stood upright in a truck bed.

Cheers,
          Keith

Comment

• PewterTA
            • Nov 2004

Not with them standing up, if you lay them down they *might* fit. Best to have something like a Silverado, F150, Tundra, etc... to haul them with.
            Digital Audio makes me Happy.
            -Dan

Comment

• KEF
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by PewterTA
              Not with them standing up, if you lay them down they *might* fit. Best to have something like a Silverado, F150, Tundra, etc... to haul them with.

I guess the real question is - is there something wrong with laying them down in their shipping crates?

I transported my N804 and 803Ss laying down without issue, but EDK stated that this is not a good idea with these speakers.

I am just curious why.

Regards,
              Keith

Comment

• hifiguymi
                Super Senior Member
                • Mar 2007

The boxes for the 802D, 801D and 800D are different that the speakers below them. The boxes are not designed to be on thier sides. When we get those speakers they are on trucks with lift gates because B&W does not want those speakers tipped or laid down.

Eric

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Mar 2006

Originally posted by KEF
                  Yesterday I placed my down payment for a new set of 802Ds - my question is, would any of you know the dimensions of the box they are shipped in?
                  Why aren't they being delivered/shipped to your house? Also, it is a two man job to unpack them (as well as to re-pack them).

Kal
                  Kal Rubinson

Comment

• EDK
                    • May 2005

My dealer delivered them to my house. It is a two man job without a doubt. Even if your dealer charges to deliver the speakers it's worth it. If something were to happen with the delivery and unpacking, it would be the dealers responsibility, not yours!

Comment

• KEF
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Kal Rubinson
                      Why aren't they being delivered/shipped to your house? Also, it is a two man job to unpack them (as well as to re-pack them).

Kal

Truthfully, I just assumed that I was to pick them up as I had done my other speakers - I appreciate the feedback.

We did discuss this yesterday and moving them by truck was what we discussed, them bringing them to me was not mentioned.

I'll give them a call back and see what they say.

Thanks guys -

Cheers,
                      Keith

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by KEF
                        Truthfully, I just assumed that I was to pick them up as I had done my other speakers - I appreciate the feedback.
                        We did discuss this yesterday and moving them by truck was what we discussed, them bringing them to me was not mentioned.
                        I'll give them a call back and see what they say.
                        Thanks guys -
                        Cheers,
                        Keith
                        Even if they charge you for delivery/unpacking, it might as cheap as you renting a truck and struggling.

Kal
                        Kal Rubinson

Comment

• RebelMan
                          Ultra Senior Member
                          • Mar 2005

KEF, is U-HAUL in your area? It would probably cost you less than $30 to rent one with a low tail gate. All you need is a dolly to get them in and you can keep them erect and tied down. Just a thought.
                          "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• KEF
                            • Aug 2004

Funny, after all this - they came to me today, I had the store I purchased them from deliver them for a small fee.

They came in a specially prepped station wagon - and yes, on their sides!

Cheers,
                            Keith

Comment

Working...
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"