X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Legairre
    • Jan 2002

Wooooo whoooo! My Z2 Shipped

arty:
    When I ordered the first week Jan the dealer said it would be in the next batch that Sanyo was shipping (mid - late Jan). Well the dealer called and I authorized them to check it for dead pixels. It checked out OK and it shipped yesterday. The tracking number says it will be here Thursday. I've been following the adventures of a few of you Z2/2HD guys over here and I have to admit I was going nuts trying to decide when to order. Well I did and she's on her way. i guess I'll soon be saying goodbye to my 61"RPTV(that has one REAL sweet picture) and saying hello to my 104" screen.

woooooooooooo whoooooooooooo, sorry I couldn't contain myself. :banana:

"What do you mean it's too loud? My ears aren't even bleeding yet!"
    Radden Home Theater
    Radden Home Theater
  • Trevor Schell
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Congrats!!

WhooooHoooo!!

Can't wait for you to get it set -up and running!!

Welcome to the Club!! :yesnod:

Trevor
    My HomeTheater S.E.
    Sonically Enhanced
    C5
    Trevor

XBOX 360 CARD

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

Great news. So happy to see so many joining the Front Projection Club. Once you're there you can never go back.

My Homepage!
      My Homepage!

Comment

• Lex
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Apr 2001

Hey George, I'm going back, no really.

Welcome to the Z2/HD2 club Legairre, your in for a treat.

Lex

Cable Guy DVD Collection
        Doug
        "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Sonnie Parker
          • Jan 2002

Yeppie Legairre... you're gonna be happy for sure!

Congrats!

Everything I watch looks so much better than what it does on our 65" RPTV. It is beyond what my expectations were. It almost kills me to have to watch satellite on our RPTV after watching it on our 2HD. Of course DVD's and HD are truly awesome and in some cases breathtaking.

My wife, Angibug, says she has never seen such a good picture as what our PJ brings us.

SONNIE

Cedar Creek Cinema

DVD Collection

BFD Comprehensive Setup Guide

Comment

• Legairre
            • Jan 2002

Guys thanks for the kind word. I have to apologize for not starting this thread and then not replying. I got the Z2 and I haven't been online since. This thing is amazing. I have firmware version 105 and I don't have any VB and I can't see any screen door either. Right now eyes to screen 12' 6" and it looks incredible. My dvd player is only interlaced, but it looks fantastic. Out of the box it was very good. Sure the colors were a little off, but so was my RPTV when I got it , but I can fix the colors with AVIA. I haven't seen the need to go into the factory or servive menus yet. So far I'm more than satisfied. I wonder if Sanyo fixed the VB in version 105, because I really don't have any?

What can I say I love this thing. Well off to build the mount.

seeeeeee yaaaaaaaaa

Radden Home Theater
            Radden Home Theater

Comment

• Sonnie Parker
              • Jan 2002

Congrats Legairre! For some reason I knew you'd be happy.

You know.... I broke out my AVIA and didn't make even the first nibble of a change. Color is perfect and looks perfect on mine as far as DVD is concerned. I think HDNet via satellite is a little red heavy on some movies but not bothersome. LD via s-video is not so great but turning the contrast all the way down helps a little. On some LD's I can get a fairly good pic but on others it's more difficult but still watchable.

Correction... I did turn on Auto-grayscale. No changes with color though.

I must say that regular SD via satellite and via component i/o is very very good on most channels. Some channels are so-so but most very very good.... something I'm not able to get with our Toshiba 65" RPTV. Everyone that's seen both agree there's just no comparison... hands down the 2HD does a tremendous job.

SONNIE

Cedar Creek Cinema

DVD Collection

Comment

• Chris D
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Dec 2000

Ah, I never pass up an opportunity to give out a :banana:

CHRIS
                Luke: "Hey, I'm not such a bad pilot myself, you know"
                CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                - Pleasantville

Comment

• Legairre
                  • Jan 2002

Once again I've been watching movies and concerts so I haven't been online for a couple of days.

Chris I feel honored to finally recieve the highly sought after bannana(no jokes guys). I think you only hand them out to new pj owners. Thanks

Sonnie, wow yours was perfect right out of the box. I had to calibrate brightness and color, but everything else was great. No complaints here.

Hey can you guys tell me what screen your all using. Before my pj arrived I built my DIY screen with just a sheet on it until I decide what material goes best. What screen material are you guys using. Mine looks great with a sheet, but the samples from Dalite look even better. So far I'm leaning toward the HCCV. What material are you guys using with your Z2?

Radden Home Theater
                  Radden Home Theater

Comment

• Sonnie Parker
                    • Jan 2002

Well... I have made some adjustments on other sources than DVD as of now.

Auto-Grayscale in "ON" on all Image settings.

Image 1 has no adjustments for DVD.

Image 2 has color and red backed off a few notches and contrast at full throttle and brightness down for HD satellite.

Image 3 has color backed off, contrast way down, no progressive scan, and sharpness all the way down for LD and it still lacks a little to be desired... but it's laserdisc and my player is old and sounds like a tank.

Image 4 has color backed off, red down, and sharpness down for regular SD satellite.

I only change these when I absolutely have to. Most of the time I can leave the setting on Image 1 but occasionally have to change. I have to change everytime with LD.

I am really most surprised at how SD satellite looks. Motion artifacts and pixelization are all but gone now. Only occasionally do I see these problems that I constantly see on our Toshiba. Especially with the network channels.

Keeping in mind that a professional or the overly critical would probably come into my HT room and have a field day with adjustments.

As far as screen material... I am using my drywall painted Misty Evening gray and it looks exceptionally good to me.

SONNIE

Cedar Creek Cinema

DVD Collection

Comment

• Paul H
                      • Feb 2004

Wooo Hooo from Halifax too!

Finally got my Z2 in today, and .. wow. I'll play with all the adjustments later, but just plugged in right out of the box this thing is incredible. Colours and detail are great, no vertical banding, no screen door at any reasonable distance .. I'm truly impressed.

Paul H

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Jan 2001

Hi, Paul, did you buy your Z2 in Halifax ?

My Homepage!
                        My Homepage!

Comment

• Legairre
                          • Jan 2002

Paul, how do you like your new toy, I mean Z2 Come on fill us in. How's you new Z2.

Radden Home Theater
                          Radden Home Theater

Comment

• Paul H
                            • Feb 2004

George,

I bought it in Halifax at Wacky's in Bayers Lake, for about a $100 plus taxes more than Quebec Acoustics is selling it for (now).

I've lived with the pj for a few days, and watched numerous movies, cable tv and high def. The very initial novelty is worn off, and I'm still impressed. If I stand 6-7' away and look (stare) very critically I can see anomalies, artifacts, screen door - barely. If I sit on the couch 15' away (my normal distance) the picture is fantastic.

I looked at several $7,000 to $15,000 projectors, and they are visibly superior to the Z2 - to a very critical eye. The difference is very small under normal viewing distances and vanishes once you become wrapped up in a movie. I don't think I would enjoy movies one bit more with the $15K projector.

My "video gear" incidentally includes a cheap jvc dvd player (no progressive scan) and a "screen" made from a 49" x 86" piece of mdf, painted with very slightly off-white paint and a 1 1/2" black painted border.

So to summarize, I have fairly discerning eyes, a cheap dvd player, homemade screen, and I still think the Z2 looks fantastic.

Paul

ps edit in: Along with my unreserved enthusiasm for the picture I should note that I have had one technical glitch. A couple of times I've had a problem with picking up the signal when switching sources and had to shut everything down and start again to get it working. I also have a new receiver and cables, so I don't know yet which part of the system is causing the problem.

Comment

• Legairre
                              • Jan 2002

Paul,
                              I know exactly what you mean. I have to get about 6-7 feet from the screen to start seeing screen door (104" diagonal screen) . I mentioned this on another forum and a few people said I was nuts. They said you can always see screen door on a Z2 from 12 feet with a 104" screen. Well not mine and that was even before I got a Dalite screen(just had a sheet on a DIY frame). I still just have an interlaed player, but I'll get a DVI player when some ogf the new ones come out late this or next month. Mine is just over a month old and the thing still makes me go wow!.

Radden Home Theater
                              Radden Home Theater

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                                Moderator Emeritus
                                • Jan 2001

Paul, where will the Z2 be serviced if it ever needs it ? Do you have to send it off to Ontario or is there a local authorized service depot in Halifax ?

Glad to hear you like it. I am thinking about replacing an older lcd ( Sony VPL400Q) as a second PJ in my theater. I also have an NEC HT1000 dlp that I love to death. It is so close in PQ to a crt FP I once owned that can't get enough of it. But i still like to fire up the old Sony every now and then. It still has a great picture but lacks the higher resolution and CR of the new lcd PJs like the Z2.

My Homepage!
                                My Homepage!

Comment

• Paul H
                                  • Feb 2004

A while ago I went online and checked out service places for sanyo pj's. They listed an "intertan" (aka the 'shack') service place in Dartmouth as an authorized service centre.

Paul

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                                    Moderator Emeritus
                                    • Jan 2001

Okay, Paul, I know the place. I had a GO-VIDEO player serviced there once under warranty. They did an excellent job.

My Homepage!
                                    My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
                                    😀
                                    😂
                                    🥰
                                    😘
                                    🤢
                                    😎
                                    😞
                                    😡
                                    👍
                                    👎
                                    Searching...Please wait.
                                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                    Search Result for "|||"