• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wkhanna
    Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

Keith Emerson rip

Link to wiki where this is found

Emerson died on 10 March 2016 in Santa Monica, California, of an apparently self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head. His body was found at his Santa Monica home. According to Emerson's partner Mari Kawaguchi, Emerson had become "depressed, nervous and anxious" because nerve damage had hampered his playing, and he was worried that he would perform poorly at upcoming concerts and disappoint his fans.

Former ELP bandmate Carl Palmer said, "Keith was a gentle soul whose love for music and passion for his performance as a keyboard player will remain unmatched for many years to come."

On 12 March, former ELP bandmate Greg Lake released a statement that said in part, ″As sad and tragic as Keith’s death is, I would not want this to be the lasting memory people take away with them. What I will always remember about Keith Emerson was his remarkable talent as a musician and composer and his gift and passion to entertain. Music was his life and despite some of the difficulties he encountered I am sure that the music he created will live on forever″.
    _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
    ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio
  • Ovation
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

I'm beginning to feel like my parents when their music idols started "shuffling off this mortal coil".

Comment

• wkhanna
      Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2006

it has been a devastating year thus far for those associated with the music industry.

i remember my mother saying the worst thing about the September years of life is loosing so many friends.

i am now appreciating with deep sadness her profound observation as i too begin the process of entering these final chapters of my personal legacy.
      _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
      ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• JonMarsh
        Mad Max Moderator
        • Aug 2000

This was another particularly sad event for me; Keith was a big influence on the things I wanted to do and played on keyboards in the late 60's and early 70', between the Nice and ELP; was one of the biggest reasons why I HAD to have a B3, and why I have a sample electronic clone of one now (KeyB Duo MkIII; uses sampled tones from three generations of B3; a wax capacitor model owned by Jimmy smith, a Mylar cap model from the early 70's owned by Brian Auger, and a late 70's production model with "cleaned up" electronics; plus tube overdrive, click control, and many other features only known and understood by those familiar with many generations of B3's and the people who played them).

keyborgan.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, keyborgan.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

They KeyBDuo MkIII is the most feature complete and best sounding B3 clone I have ever found, which is why I bought one shortly after they came out- unfortunately, the US company who had licensed the rights to production did not keep their business agreements with the Italian parent firm, and both have pretty much gone under as functioning business. I got one of the half dozen or so known to have been built and shipped, buying it from B3Guys, a place specializing in Hammond and Hammond accessory sales in Nashville.

It is definitely sad to see this kind of thing happen to people who inspired and motivated one at an early age- regardless of how successful or not so successful he has been since then.
        the AudioWorx
        Natalie P
        M8ta
        Modula Neo DCC
        Modula MT XE
        Modula Xtreme
        Isiris
        Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
        Minerva Monitor
        Calliope
        Ardent D

In Development...
        Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
        Obi-Wan
        Saint-Saëns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
        Modula PWB
        Calliope CC Supreme
        Natalie P Ultra
        Natalie P Supreme
        Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
        Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"