X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • krellfan
    • Jul 2005

How is the 802D shipped?

Hello,
    I have to pick up a pair of 802D's next week and I was would like to know how they are packed. Is it in a creat or box on a pallet? What is the dimension of the package? I am wondering if it'll fit in a SUV.

I am also picking up a pair of 805S and a HTM2D as well. I think these three will fit in easily.

I can almost feel the pain in my back but hopefully the sound will sooth the pain.
  • Pez
    • May 2004

I saw one in a box when I picked up my 804S's and HTM3S. Dont remember the exact size but if you can take all the rear seats out they may fit. If its any consulation when I got the speakers they fit in my Honda Civic 2 door coupe (not a hatchback).

Comment

• xk8boy
      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by krellfan
      Hello,
      I have to pick up a pair of 802D's next week and I was would like to know how they are packed. Is it in a creat or box on a pallet? What is the dimension of the package? I am wondering if it'll fit in a SUV.

I am also picking up a pair of 805S and a HTM2D as well. I think these three will fit in easily.

I can almost feel the pain in my back but hopefully the sound will sooth the pain.
      i hope your SUV is bigger than a van, cause you're going to need it. the 802D box is 51x72x133 cm. We're talking about 80kg per package here.
      Attached Files

Comment

• krellfan
        • Jul 2005

Pez and xk8boy,

Thanks for the info. I think the 802D's will fit in my SUV.

Comment

• tboooe
          • Jun 2005

you lucky lucky man....i can only dream of 802D!!!

Comment

• krellfan
            • Jul 2005

Yes, I am very lucky to have a wife that understands this sick hobby.

Comment

• misterdoggy
              Super Senior Member
              • May 2005

I don't think its possible to fit those in a van. You Cannot lie them on their sides. They come on a Pallet and must be shipped upright. Its not possible to keep them upright and IMHO you can damage them on their sides. The Round midrange speaker "floats" and although its locked into position during shipment, I would be afraid of evey bump. Another note, the carton is empty between top and bottom with styrofoam that keeps it in place. The Carton is not meant for anything other than upright shipping. Rent a Van to get them.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"