• Show
Clear All
  • weijst
    • Jun 2004

Dm601(/2) S3 + Asw675 <=> Dm603 S3

Hi there people,

Well, the subject says it all...

Food for thought:
    • The DM601 + ASW675 combo is attractive as I can send the DM601's to the back when getting a pair of floorstanders as fronts (I'll never use a pair of floorstanders as surrounds)
    • The advantage of having a sub for HT is undeniable...
    • I expect the DM603 to outperform the DM601+ASW675 hands down when playing music and my music/HT ratio is app 70/30
    • I'm spoiled as I have owned the 705's, the HTM2 and ... the N804 (yes my friends, I'm downgrading )
    • N804 have introduced me to the benifits of having a full-range speaker. Then again, I've never owned a decent sub back when I had bookshelves...
    • Is the LCR600 overkill when paired with the DM601 S3? (I'm not interested in the LCR60...)
    • I can get a very attractive discount on 600 serie speakers...
    I'd appreciate to hear your thoughts. As for the 'demo advice', I did. The store however did not have the ASW675 (or equal) so I heared the 601's without a sub. I found the 601's to image rather well, but the benifits of the fuller range (2,5 way) DM603's just couldn't be ignored...
    Marantz SR7005, UD5007; B&W SCMS, Nautilus SCM1; Velodyne SPL-1200R
  • akhter
    • Jun 2005

Why not have your cake and eat it too?

Get the 601/2 and the sub. Hook up the front L+R of the receiver to the line-in for the sub (instead of the subwoofer out). In the bass management settings of your reciever set the fronts to Large and subwoofer to none. Now you will have good bass both for music and HT :T

Comment

• bigburner
      Super Senior Member
      • May 2005

In my experience a sub + bookshelf is the better option if you listen to music at high volume. If you don't listen to music at high volume then the bass from a 3-way floorstander is better.

Comment

• BlazeMaster
        • May 2004

603 is not a 3-way anyways

Comment

• bigburner
          Super Senior Member
          • May 2005

Apologies, I had the 604 in mind when making that comment.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"