X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PewterTA
    • Nov 2004

OT: B&W's new marketing? ha ha

Is that a B&W Speaker in the Old Spice Commerical? It's the commercial where the guy talks about "IT" and having "IT" and if you don't know what "IT" is then you don't have "IT"... blah blah blah.

In the beginning he's sitting in a red chair and behind him looks like maybe a 300 series speaker or maybe a black 600 speaker. Couldn't tell as I've only caught the commercial twice (first time didn't catch the beginning)...

Maybe B&W is trying to get their name out there... lol.

I also so B&W in another show or commercial and I can't remember what it was now...

Oh well, just thought that was interesting...
    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
    -Dan
  • Fraise
    • Dec 2004

Originally posted by PewterTA
    Is that a B&W Speaker in the Old Spice Commerical? It's the commercial where the guy talks about "IT" and having "IT" and if you don't know what "IT" is then you don't have "IT"... blah blah blah.

In the beginning he's sitting in a red chair and behind him looks like maybe a 300 series speaker or maybe a black 600 speaker. Couldn't tell as I've only caught the commercial twice (first time didn't catch the beginning)...

Maybe B&W is trying to get their name out there... lol.

I also so B&W in another show or commercial and I can't remember what it was now...

Oh well, just thought that was interesting...
    lol. its wierd how you notice things when you're into this as a hobby. i remember watchign friends one night and i was shocked to see that joey has a pair or martin logans.

Comment

• RobP
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Fraise
      lol. its wierd how you notice things when you're into this as a hobby. i remember watchign friends one night and i was shocked to see that joey has a pair or martin logans.
      Joey also had a pair of Blueroom Mini-Pods. If memeory serves me correct, in the movie Daredevil there is Rotel equipment in the background in one of the shots.
      Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• RebelMan
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Soundgravy
        Joey also had a pair of Blueroom Mini-Pods. If memeory serves me correct, in the movie Daredevil there is Rotel equipment in the background in one of the shots.
        It is crazy but only us clubbies will take notice to those details. I think it was the Departed that showed a rack of MAC gear. It's kinda cool to see regardless of why we do.
        "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• BlazeMaster
          • May 2004

John Constatine uses Mac gear and speakers in his solitary home and the drug lord in Miami Vice has Martin Logan speakers with Mac gear.

Comment

• Briz vegas
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2005

Hey this is fun - spot the serious hifi product placement

How about - Italian Job - NAD this NAD that ....plays so loud it blows off the girls skirts (in what universe is hifi considered sexy by women - most I know think it nerdy - I think they need to hear my new system once the Naim is installed)

or Hi Fidelity - NAD once again as our hero who loves LPs puts on a CD with a nice close up of a NAD player.

Anyone else been hifi star spotting recently, preferably B&Ws to keep it on topic :-)
            Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
            Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

• Rolex
              • Mar 2005

Keeping on topic with B&W is difficult. As most HiFi in movies/TV is not B&W.

Melvin in "As Good As it Gets" has a stack of McIntosh. And what appears to be some expensive Sony speakers. (Like the 16,000 dollar model, whatever they are)

"What Women Want" has some Levinson gear with some Revel Ultima Gems.

Comment

• Mark_C.
                • Jan 2003

I think Melvin has McIntosh speakers as well as amplification in "As Good As It Gets."

Comment

• PewterTA
                  • Nov 2004

Oh, I thought of what I was missing...

The Justin Timberlake - Sexy Back video (http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?artist=1231683&vid=98040) has the Prestige speakers in it... I wonder if Justin Timberlake Rocks the Snail Shells?!?!?

Pretty cool I think that they are in a video, ashame anyone that's really watching the video has no clue what those are... :lol:
                  Last edited by PewterTA; 16 January 2007, 20:39 Tuesday.
                  Digital Audio makes me Happy.
                  -Dan

Comment

• worldys
                    • Dec 2005

glad to see i am not the only geek that noticed the mcintosh gear in the departed

cheers

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"