Sales and Marketing Positions in Home Theater?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rebop
    • Jun 2002

Sales and Marketing Positions in Home Theater?

Hi folks,

I have a long history of sales and marketing in hi-tech industries including over 20 years in pro audio and as a marketing director and product manager in medical imaging devices. I'm highly creative and extremely computer savvy.

My latest passion, as probably most of you, is Home Theater and I'd love to find a position in sales and/or marketing for a credible HT company. I thought I would post here (and on several other online fourms) in hopes of finding a few leads.

My resume can be found online, if you have an interest in learning more about me at: http://www.well.com/~rebop/Resume.htm and I can be reached by email at rebop@well.com. I'd appreciate any pointers you may have.

Thanks!

-=Bob=-
    -=Bob=-
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Bob, whether your willing to relocate would be the first thing. I think that would open up more possibilities, but of course, also more difficulty with relocation.

The other thing working against you may be the soft economy.

California should be a happening place for all things A/V. Have you checked, are there any local folks? I think Theta is located in CA, and I am sure others. I don't have a lot of other suggestions, but if you find a Tennessee Territory, lemme know. I would consider that too, but it would change things with my cable biz, as I would have to contract out more labor probably.

Eventually, I hope to offer a rep or two the opportunity to wholesale my products to dealers nationwide, but there's a bit of work to do before I am to that point.

CES would be the prime place to go to press a little flesh.

Lex
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• rebop
      • Jun 2002

Thanks, Doug.

Definitely will consider relocation, but a little opinionated about where I would move to. For example, I haven't shoveled snow since 1966 and don't intend to again

Talked to several California companies and did check out the last CES. Just haven't found the right position just yet. Thought maybe some of the HT forums might produce a lead or two.

-=Bob=-
      -=Bob=-

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2001

Hi, Bob,
        If you don't want to shovel snow, don't come to this part of the world :LOL: .
        Seriously, I would like to wish you luck in your search for a position in the wonderful world of home theater. Everyone should work at what he/she loves if possible.
        Regards,
        George

My Homepage!
        My Homepage!

Comment

• Sonnie Parker
          • Jan 2002

Good luck rebop....

and don't come to Bama unless you wanna be a po-folk! lol

Of course, we don't shovel snow, we have goats and cows, so we shovel ...... well, you get the idea! :roll:

I would continue to make all the CES's you could...that's where all the marketing is taking place and a good place to get your name in the hat.

Again, I wish ya the best of luck!

SONNIE

Cedar Creek Cinema

DVD Collection

BFD Comprehensive Setup Guide

Comment

• Jed M
            • May 2002

ROLL TIDE!!!
            Bob, I don't have a job for you or even a lead but I can guarantee you won't be shoveling much snow here.

Comment

• Sonnie Parker
              • Jan 2002

Oh no! ROLL TIDE!

Welcome to the forum Jed! You know BAMA huh?

You know Lex is a VOL fan and I have to put up with his crap during football season. All I can say is it is about time for us to whoop the VOL's.

Let's see.... you shovel money in Vegas, right?

SONNIE

Cedar Creek Cinema

DVD Collection

BFD Comprehensive Setup Guide

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"