X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ac81017
    • Aug 2006

Help ! B&W Speakers to match ASW750 Sub

Hello, I have a asw750 sub and I want a real good pair of speakers to match. I´m looking at 805´s 703´s and maybe even the new 683´s!

I can´t demo the asw750 at my local store because they don´t have any in stock. My other major problem is that I live far away from the store and I don´t have a car!

Soooo, can any tell me how the 805´s sound with a asw750 or something like it asw 700 or asw 800. I think the 805´s in the store sound a little boxed in yet the detail is top class! My question is, would my asw750 do the trick? would my asw750 make a pair of 805´s sound grown up???? Or should I go for a floor stander, example, 703´s or the new 683´s??

:T
  • beden1
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2006

The 703s and the ASW750 sound excellent together.

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
      Super Senior Member
      • Oct 2003

Hi,

What a sub like the ASW750 does fo rthe 805s (if crossover properly and set-up right) is to take the strain off the bass unit and the amplifier so that the lower and mid bass sound better. If you are playing loud with a lesser amplifier (which was staining with the bass) then everything will osund a little better when bass is playing... However in general the midrange and trebble on the 805 is unchanged...

Personally I'd take the 703 over the 805 as I really like the 3 way effect and the FST midrange.... Or stretch a little and get the 804 (sweet as) which once you allow for stands are not mauch more than the 805s... EIther way the ASW750 will do a fine job

Geoff

Comment

• Kobus
        • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Aussie Geoff
        Hi,

Or stretch a little..........

Geoff

Danger words in this hobby!

Kobus

Comment

• style
          Super Senior Member
          • Feb 2006

B&W fot 750

@ac81017,

I have the 750 too.

in first time with the 703. perfect match.

Is do you want in the future "more" you can buy a 805 (today front) and tomorow rear and front a 804/803...

the sub 750 is really a good "gear" You can have a complet serie 8 center, mains and rear plus the 750 like sub whitout any problem.
          "better a serie 8 center&mais if serie7 and 855sub"
          Omar

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"