X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drexel
    • Dec 2006

Media Room Help

OK audiophiles here is my room 16' deep x 20' long if you could put anything inbetween the 65" plasma what would it be ? I am starting with a Mcintosh 207 amp and MX-119 processor and Mac 861 player since I own those

Any suggestions would help

Drexel
  • chinets
    • Jun 2005

Christina Aguilera!! :T :rofl:

No ,seriously I don't understand your question. Do you mean like the Center speaker or what do you have connected to your T.V.???? :roll:

Can you explain a little better please, Sorry!
    Cheers

Comment

• ShadowZA
      Super Senior Member
      • Jan 2006

Welcome to the forum, drexel.

I'm with chinets
      Nothing beats the real deal :T

Seriously ... here's my little idea (on the speaker side of things) ... not very the top of the bunch, but virtually there imho:

Front speakers: 1 pair of 802D's
      Centre: HTM1D

You now have matching Marlan heads for the front end.

Surround: 1 pair of 803D's
      Rear - if you want 7.1: another pair of 803D's

Sub: 1 pair of Velodyne DD-15's.

Effective room treatments.

1,2 or 3 Extremely comfortable chairs.

Two to three thousand pieces of well recorded music/dvd-video.

A bowl or two of snacks.

A friend or two (if they stifle their coughs & wheezes & make no sound at all during critical music pieces).

Good luck & please tell us what you decide to do

Comment

• chinets
        • Jun 2005

:rofl: Shadow ZA,

I would still add the real deal: Christina Aguilera In Only "THONGS" :E ,on the sofa and some some nice champagne for 2 :T ;x( :rofl:

Comfy Now??? :W

Cheers

Comment

• ShadowZA
          Super Senior Member
          • Jan 2006

Originally posted by chinets
          :rofl: Shadow ZA,

I would still add the real deal: Christina Aguilera In Only "THONGS" :E ,on the sofa and some some nice champagne for 2 :T ;x( :rofl:

Comfy Now??? :W

Cheers
          Youuu Bet :T :T :T :boobies:
          :demon:

Comment

• chinets
            • Jun 2005

:rofl: Shadow ZA

I guess Drexel is Happy Now ?? :W

Comment

• drexel
              • Dec 2006

Thanks for the feedback Christina is on my list!
              I am traveling to NY to purchase the HTM1D that I won on Ebay for $ 5100.00 and going to order the speakers in the next couple of days. The local dealer said he would give me a price break but am going to stop in a store in Phili on the way home and listen to the 800s ( not heard them yet ) not many stores have them for demos.
              Also there is no sales tax in Deleware.

I trust everyones opinion hear and will keep you posted

Drexel

Comment

• chinets
                • Jun 2005

Hi Drexel,
                Glad Christina is on your X-Mas wish list! :T

Seriously now: Congratulations on the HTM1D, what a purchase ;x(

Now that you have the center that is an 800 series D type, you will have to continue with your front 2 speakers with the D Line, and since you have that gorgeous beast ,the HTM1D, then I suggest that you either get the 802D, 801D or 800D. If money is a problem, then you have no alternative but to get the 803D as minimum. Now if you do get the 802D and above for the fronts, you will have to have 803D as minimum for the Surrounds ,and you will need 2 subs B&W ASW 855, if you will be into Multichannel Music and HT. That is what I would do. If you go with the 800D, then you will need 2 Krell Monoblocks to get those puppies to yelp and sing along.
                You cannot go wrong with the 800 series..They are IMHO the best speakers around that I have heard and to my ear's liking!
                I would go and audition these 800 series speakers, and other speakers that you might like, and see what sounds best to you. However, since you have purchased the HTM1D ,then your best bet is to audition the 803D, 802D,801D and 800D to match your center speaker, and then make your call.

Keep us posted on what you have purchased.

If Christina ends up at your place ,please call or PM Shadow ZA and I for a night cap ,as we wouldn't want to miss the show!! :W Yaoozy!!

:blonde: :demon: :boobies:

Cheers

Comment

• ShadowZA
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Jan 2006

I concur totally with what chinets says. I've heard the 802D's and 800D's again quite recently and they represent the pinnacle of sound imho. Match these with a couple of Krell mono's and you'll want for nothing else. You might want to audition the latest Krell Evolution series if possible and if your budget can accommodate.

Congrats on your HTM1D purchase. :T

Also good luck with your listening sessions ... and
                  also with Christina :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

Comment

• chinets
                    • Jun 2005

Yeah,

Especially with Christina ! :boobies: :leghumper: :hump:

Shadow ZA, mission accomplished and satisfactory guaranteed :T

Have a wonderful day!!

Comment

• akhter
                      • Jun 2005

Originally posted by ShadowZA
                      I concur totally with what chinets says. I've heard the 802D's and 800D's again quite recently and they represent the pinnacle of sound imho. Match these with a couple of Krell mono's and you'll want for nothing else. You might want to audition the latest Krell Evolution series if possible and if your budget can accommodate.

Congrats on your HTM1D purchase. :T

Also good luck with your listening sessions ... and
                      also with Christina :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

He has a Mac setup which should last him for a while

Comment

• chinets
                        • Jun 2005

Well that depends on whether he gets the 802D or up the ladder at the 800D footstep.

If I went with the 802D then, YES, I concur with you, and would stay put for a while as the Mac he has, the Mc-207, which is 7x200 watts ,will do them well :T But ,800D Hmmmm :E

My opinion of course!

I still would include Christina in the set up! :boobies: .... Oh!! Please sweet please!! :leghumper:
                        Can't GO without that! :bluezoned:

Cheers!

Comment

• drexel
                          • Dec 2006

Is there a big difference in sound from the krell monos as the Mcintosh 501 monos ? other than the krells are double the cost. I love the warmth of the mcintosh sound and have never heard a krell, anybody in the house have any opinion on this?

My wife is a close second to Christina in thongs and she cannot wait until these monsters are installed

Comment

• jericho
                            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by drexel
                            Is there a big difference in sound from the krell monos as the Mcintosh 501 monos ? other than the krells are double the cost. I love the warmth of the mcintosh sound and have never heard a krell, anybody in the house have any opinion on this?

My wife is a close second to Christina in thongs and she cannot wait until these monsters are installed
                            Hi Drexel,

I use Mac 1201's on my HTM-1D and the 800D's, it's just what you need!!!

Comment

• chinets
                              • Jun 2005

Hi Drexel,

McIntosh Monos are more warm In sound ,YES, and Krell are a little on the bright side, forward, but extremely detailed and sound stage is very large, 3D and open with tremendous lows ,and very forward detailed highs ,that will bring out details in your recordings that you would have never heard before. McIntosh is great too, but I find them a little too warm for my taste ,although for Jazz Music, is another story, In that instant I fell In love with the McIntosh sound. They are both great and fantastic amps, and Only your ears will diferentiate between which type of sound pleases you most, and that will be the Amp for you ,I guess.? So go out there and audition your heart out with different amps ,and see what sounds better to you and what catches your eye, and Finally let your wallet make that last call, because price differences between different Amps are sometimes quite steep!! 8)

You Lucky, Devil you :demon: ,having your own private Lovely Christina In thongs :boobies: waiting to have the MONSTER Installed ?? :E :lovestory: :dancenana:

Bumer!! Now you got US all jelouse! :rant:

Well if you do Invite Christina Aguilera over, Shadow ZA and I will be there in a jiffy! :driving: :banana: :boobies: Thanks In advance!

Cheers and keep us posted on your set up.

Comment

Working...
                              Searching...Please wait.
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                              Search Result for "|||"