X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jericho
    • Dec 2004

802d

Just got myself a pair of 802D's with original spikes (only 6 months old) for the total amount of 8000 euro.I'm going to use them as surrounds in my HT setup.I'm only questioning myself what the ideal place is to put those speakers???Do I have to put them behind my sofa (In my back) or can I put them near the seats where you take place when watching a movie or listening to sacd???
    Also asking myself what amp I should use.My 800D fronts are connected to Mac's 1201, as well as my HTM-1D is on a Mac 1201.
    Should I use the Mac 501 for the rears (802D) or would it be better to have the same amps as the fronts???
    I know those 802D's can have 500 watts and the Mac 1201 is giving about 1200 watt on 8-4 or 2 Ohm, nevertheless I'm not the person who pushes his system to the limit.
    Please some advice (Jesse what do you think???)
  • RobP
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

Is there anyway you can provide a sketch up of your room showing furniture etc? This may help us help you in placing your speakers in the optimal position.
    Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• Jesse111
      • Jul 2005

My purchase would be the 501's without a second thought. The 1201 would be pure overkill for surrounds in this case and good only for bragging rights. The signal to the rears just doesn't warrent that kind of power unless you live in a gymnasium. Besides, 802's just simply weren't designed for anything close to that much power. You may have to make some minor adjustment with the surround sound output levels to match your beautiful 1201's but some folks do that even with matched amps. If any amp on the planet with less power is going to mate with the 1201's, it is the 501.

Think of it this way, you purchased smaller speakers for the rears, so purchasing smaller amps to match those speakers while maintaining synergy in your system makes harmonious sense.

You won't be missing anything with the 501's. Save the money and buy more music.

Comment

• jericho
        • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Jesse111
        My purchase would be the 501's without a second thought. The 1201 would be pure overkill for surrounds in this case and good only for bragging rights. The signal to the rears just doesn't warrent that kind of power unless you live in a gymnasium. Besides, 802's just simply weren't designed for anything close to that much power. You may have to make some minor adjustment with the surround sound output levels to match your beautiful 1201's but some folks do that even with matched amps. If any amp on the planet with less power is going to mate with the 1201's, it is the 501.

Think of it this way, you purchased smaller speakers for the rears, so purchasing smaller amps to match those speakers while maintaining synergy in your system makes harmonious sense.

You won't be missing anything with the 501's. Save the money and buy more music.
        Thanks for the advice.This also was my idea, but I always like a second opinion :T

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"