X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Algoods
    • Nov 2007

Color of new B&W 802D's

This is my first post in this forum. I have followed it for some time and find it very informative. I have used B&W speakers for about 9 years now. Started with 603's then 7NT's 9NT's 804's 803D's now 802D's. I purchased a new pair in the Cherrywood finish.

I took them out of the box and they are very very light in color. Does the color change with age or do I have a pair from a bad batch?

AL

Electronics:
    Mac 501's
    Mac C46
    Mac MR 85
    Cal Labs CD
    Benchmark USB DAC
    Rega P3
  • Indytown
    • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Algoods
    This is my first post in this forum. I have followed it for some time and find it very informative. I have used B&W speakers for about 9 years now. Started with 603's then 7NT's 9NT's 804's 803D's now 802D's. I purchased a new pair in the Cherrywood finish.

I took them out of the box and they are very very light in color. Does the color change with age or do I have a pair from a bad batch?

AL

Electronics:
    Mac 501's
    Mac C46
    Mac MR 85
    Cal Labs CD
    Benchmark USB DAC

Rega P3

Yes, they change. They get a very nice golden cherry wood petina. Keep them out of direct sun light and keep the woofer covers off equal to being on so that there is no shadowing of the covers on the wood while they age. Maybe once a year a light polish placed on a rag before applying to the wood.

Comment

• Indytown
      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Algoods

AL

Electronics:
      Mac 501's
      Mac C46
      Mac MR 85
      Cal Labs CD
      Benchmark USB DAC
      Rega P3

You have a fresh batch of cherry wood veneers, enjoy.

Comment

• Algoods
        • Nov 2007

Thanks for the replys

AL

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"