X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Antonkk
    • Jan 2010

Which cables for Mac/B&W system?

I'm sure there are a lot of Mac and B&W owners over here. My set up will most likely be Mac 301-46-402 with B&W 802D or if the finances allow 301-500(solid state version)-501 with 802D. What cables should I use through out? Right now the only decent cables that I have is a pair of Shunyata Pythons PCs so one of the options is to go for a full Shunyata set up. The other ones that I'm considering are Kubala Sosna and possibly MIT. I need cables with open neutral sound (as the Mac/B&W D combo is allready perfectly balanced and not bright), great TIGHT bass, extended highs and huge soundstage. Cables that doctor the sound in some direction or another (like Nordost or Cardas for example) are not what I'm looking for. Synergistic Research (which I'm sure a lot of you guys will recommend) is sadly not available where I live and difficult to audition. Any ideas?
  • jericho
    • Dec 2004

I'm using Siltech & Wireworld in my setup. Siltech is bright, you hear a lot of detail, for the tight bass Wireworld is very good

Comment

• KahunaCanuck
      • May 2008

Might I suggest the sponsor of the site:
      www.catcables.com

We really aren't supposed to discuss cables...I luv my cats!
      Kahuna's Theatre

Comment

• Space
        • Aug 2009

The best place to ask your question would be in this thread on diyAudio. Unfortunately at the moment the moderator has temporarily closed the thread. Maybe you could check back in a few days.

Comment

• Antonkk
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Space
          The best place to ask your question would be in this thread on diyAudio. Unfortunately at the moment the moderator has temporarily closed the thread. Maybe you could check back in a few days.

Not for me. I don't need another debate if the cables make a difference or not. I know they do and I owned many different brands which changed the sound dramatically. What I need is a number of options to audition for Mac/B&W combo from the people who use them with good results.

Comment

• altanpsx
            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Antonkk
            Not for me. I don't need another debate if the cables make a difference or not. I know they do and I owned many different brands which changed the sound dramatically. What I need is a number of options to audition for Mac/B&W combo from the people who use them with good results.

I am using Audioquest Volcano spk cable, Sky Interconnects, with Classe/B&W I highly suggest you to try.

Comment

• kobestonecold
              • Sep 2007

for me slinkylinks 99% pure silver.....wowwwww :E

Comment

• Antonkk
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by altanpsx
                I am using Audioquest Volcano spk cable, Sky Interconnects, with Classe/B&W I highly suggest you to try.

I heard that copper Volcano balanced Sky's silver brightness nicely. I once tried Sky IC alone in my previous system and it was way too bright.

Comment

• jamesdaman
                  • Apr 2008

Chord company signature. Very musical and take
                  nothing away from the sound. Hand built in the uk

Comment

• emig5m
                    • Aug 2008

I'll change it up a bit.... For speaker wire- 14-Gauge Flat Megacable at Radio Shack with Radio Shack Banana plugs. For analog patch cables- Blue Jeans LC-1 Low Capacitance Audio Cables. This combo gives me the most fine detail and clarity I've ever heard out of a loudspeaker audio system and my reference system for fine detail normally and easily beats out every single loudspeaker system (headphones). :B

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"