X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kenkkk
    • Sep 2006

help needed

greetings to you all.... i would like to get some help and advices regarding my system.... my system is already 5 years old and i am planning to upgrade whether in the speakers/receivers ar additional pre AMP.... my video room is rather small around 3meters by 3 meters only... currently my Center Speaker is lcr 600 with 602 as my front speaker and 601 as my surround speakers and an MK v-1250 for my sub..... my receiver is rather old YAMAHA RXv800 and i would like to replace it with either an onkyo tx-sr702; tx-sr603 yamaha rxv559 or the rxv659 .... and i would like some suggestion to buy a pre amp or equalizer... i dont think i have to upgrade on speakers because my room is rather small... please help me thank you...
  • Clepto
    • Feb 2006

For the price, the RXV 659 is a great value, and offers a ton of features.

Comment

• kenkkk
      • Sep 2006

thanks man..... but they say onkyo receivers are better than yamaha, well for this series though... they say the tx-sr702 is better bec of the thx certification..... the txsr603 has more or less same features with the yamaha 659=p

Comment

• kenkkk
        • Sep 2006

can anyone advice me to choose between onkyo receivers tx-sr603 ; tx-sr702 or yamaha rxv659...... my room is rather small 3m x 3m only so they say its really hard to tell the difference between the onkyo 702 and 603..... i only use b&w 602 s2 as my front lcr6s2 for my center and 601 for my surround... will be buying within 2 days ... hope to get immediate help from you guys thanks

Comment

• Clepto
          • Feb 2006

THX certification is kind of pointless imo, there are non THX certified processors that kick the crap out of ones that have the certification...

Since I'm unfamiliar with the Onkyo's, all I can say is that for the price, the Yammy is hard to beat. I'd take a look at the features they have, and see what works better for you.

I can't imagine that at equal price points, you'll get much of a SQ difference between the two.

Comment

• Sim reality
            • Aug 2005

Personally, I would think you get better bang for you buck on Onkyo because they are still working for Brand recongition and will sink more money into their products... But the differences will be small.

But ultimately I think you should listen to both... Preferably back to back on the same setup because they will both have tradeoffs and you need to determine what sounds better to you.

Comment

• ric888
              • Jun 2006

I 2nd Sim reality, if your into features and, get the yammy, but for music i have heard the onkyo and is was a good par with the B&W. For HT, not that noticable at all, depends on your room and acoustics.

BTW: Onkyo 703 is already out, and i think still the same as the 702.

Comment

• kenkkk
                • Sep 2006

thanks a lot guys ... the salesman told me it was pointless to buy for the thx certification because i may have little use for it... have auditioned for the 603 and yammy and i got the onkyo 603 .... and i am happy with it... i think the onkyo receivers drive BW speakers better.... well at least better than my rxv800 before =p

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"